Be in the Know
- 32 predictions for social media marketing in 2023
- Mastercard’s new multi-channel campaign celebrates Black women small business owners (with a tie-in to Marvel’s Black Panther: Wakanda Forever)
- The benefits of letting customers try before they buy
- Karma’s new ad turns into a clever crime thriller and it’s mind blowing
8 Steps to Start Strategic Marketing Planning for 2023
Are you ready for 2023 already? Good for all those who can say “yes” to that. For everyone else, don’t sweat! Here are some starting points:
- Review Where You’ve Been. Let’s start from the top and review your old plans before you make new ones. Did you reach previous goals? What tactics did you try this year? What worked? What didn’t work? What resources would help the most?
- Set New Goals. Now that you know your older goals, reflect on changes. Set one or two primary goals and a few secondary goals.
- Conduct an Audit. Audit the marketing elements and assets you have and see if you need to update or add new items. Do you have all essential digital and print marketing materials (such as brochures, web pages, business cards, signage, etc.)? Do you have profiles and accounts on all relevant marketing channels? Do you have the right system for collecting customer data?
- Conduct Market Research. You have to know what others in your industry are doing with their marketing, too. Who are your competitors? What are they doing well? What are they not doing well?
- Assign KPIs to Goals. Make your goals crystal clear. Add key performance indicators (KPIs) to all of your goals so you can measure your performance, divide, and conquer.
- Set a Budget. Your marketing research should help reveal how much others in your industry are spending. Consider what budget you will need to reach assigned KPIs.
- Choose Strategies & Set a Schedule. Choose the type of marketing strategies you believe will help you reach your goals, and begin to lay them out on a calendar. Set dates for campaigns and set up campaigns to try and test.
- Develop a Plan to Measure Your Success. You will need to be able to look back and assess your efforts. Set dates and deadlines to check in and review your work. Share report data with key stakeholders as you go.
Check out the full My Area Network blog post to get more details for each step.
What do ya think?
Your strategy guide for improving your marketing for the future
Over 2,500 global marketing decision-makers defined spend optimization and improved relevancy as the top areas for improvement in the coming year.
Download Salesforce’s 3rd Marketing Intelligence Report to see what else marketers had to say. You’ll learn:
- Why loyalty programs and customer consent are critical in a cookieless future
- The role customer journey analytics play in creating personalized experiences
- How real-time data access can improve marketing performance
Put us on your calendar
Thinking about starting the new year with a fresh look or updated marketing plan?
Hit the ground running with the help of Carney.
We’re masters of the website refresh, logo upgrade, marketing revision and so much more.
Let’s make some time on our calendars for a chat.
Who is Chopping Kroger Onions in Here?
We’re not crying, you’re crying!
Kroger created this adorable ad that shows how food can spark memories and create new ones with your family. It follows a man reliving his life by recreating his late wife’s recipes. Something about the charming animation style tugs on the heartstrings a little more.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past