You Know You Know This One...
Top Posts of the Week
- Volkswagen is making an electric version of their iconic minibus that will be revealed in March
- Mark your calendars! Twitter released a calendar to help your 2022 content planning
- Lay’s grew potatoes from stadium dirt to make “Grown in Glory” potato chips
- Dole released this adorable ad for their “Hold My Fruit Bowl” campaign
What We Learned
Monday: What’s the deal with Google Data Studio? Here are some of the benefits of this Google Business Intelligence tool:
- Unlimited data sources.
- Easily shared reports.
- More designed/customizable reports.
- It’s free!
Tuesday: Customer Acquisition Cost (CAC) strategy can limit your brand’s ability to scale because it only “locks” the price you are willing to pay. A payback strategy, on the other hand, allows growth teams to “stretch” that limit by focusing on the return. Voyantis let us know how to shift from CAC strategy to a payback strategy.
Wednesday: We wanted to learn from brands doing it best. Sujan Patel gave a list of 16 companies that are killing it with brand-driven storytelling. Storytelling is essential for brands and good content. Our favorites from the list were Burt’s Bees, Warby Parker, and Chobani.
Thursday: If you make a big email mistake, you have to apologize and right your wrong. MailerLite gave the steps for how to apologize for an email marketing mistake. The article gave subject line ideas, real brand examples, instances where you don’t have to apologize, and an apology email template.
Join the Conversation
Lauren asked, “Have you built an ABM program or tech stack? What do you recommend for getting started?”
Ashley posted, “Any good digital marketing/ social media conferences this year?”
Rebecca wrote, “What’s the best course I can take to improve my excel skills (excel for marketers, not finance)? I feel like it’s such a crucial tool for marketing operations and reporting and I only really know the basics. Ideally a course with a teacher I can ask questions (or a one on one tutor), not just recorded sessions.”
New Year, New Projects!
Did you know Carney is the agency behind The Daily Carnage?
Writing the Daily Carnage is what we do. Building brands that break through the noise is what we do best.
Marketing strategy, content, design, development, analytics, and all things in between.
Let us know what we can do for your brand or next big project.
The Bee's Knees
- 1/2 ounce honey syrup (1:1 parts honey and water heated and combined)
- 1 ounce lemon juice (about ½ medium lemon)
- 2 ounces gin
- Lemon twist, for garnish
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, pour in the honey syrup, lemon juice, and gin.
- Shake it up!
- Strain the drink into a glass.
- Get fancy and twist a lemon peel over the cocktail to release some of its oils, then drop it in.
Recipe by Cookie and Kate
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1923, Murad Cigarettes
What brand use to have the slogan, “When You’re Here You’re Family”?
d. Olive Garden
You either knew this one right away…or strained your brain trying to remember their old slogan.
Pass the breadsticks, please.