Quick! No Googling!
Top Posts of the Week
- Instagram is saying bye-bye to IGTV and says hello to Instagram Videos, keeping Reels separate
- Social Media is still reeling with conspiracies and memes about the Facebook outage, but here’s what SMM’s had to say about it
- The performers for the Pepsi Super Bowl LVI Halftime Show have been announced!
- Shutterfly released their “Make it a Thing” campaign after their recent acquisition of Spoonflower, and we love the ads
What We Learned
Monday: Podcabulary? WTF does that mean? SXM Media gave us a whole glossary for podcast advertising. The pocket guide included the usual planning process, ad types, average packages, and industry terms.
Tuesday: Death to bots! Get your traffic on lock with the filter to rule all spam filters for your Google Analytics. You’re gonna have to do some setup in GTM and use GA UA but luckily Root & Branch Group has you covered with a full tutorial on The Ultimate Spam Filter for Google Analytics.
Wednesday: Fast Company interviewed over 30 industry experts on urgent matters facing design today and in the future. There were a lot of overlapping themes in sustainability, accessibility, and the problem with disposable solutions.
Thursday: This week, we all experienced Facebook’s outage in some form or another. We’re cheers-ing to all the social media managers and paid media peeps that have been dealing with it. Semrush ran the numbers and posted infographics on Twitter’s activity around the outage.
Join the Conversation
Erica shared, “My boyfriend found this app/channel on his Amazon Fire Stick that airs old game shows…I would gladly take a 1990s commercial break during classic Supermarket Sweep.”
Marta wrote, “Help! Need a few quick examples – what beer or beverage brands have great merch for sale? Clothes and swag…”
Danielle asked, “fellow marketers of esteem, what turns of phrase do we need to retire from all of our campaigns like, yesterday? my vote:
- 🙃 “XX broke the internet”
- 🙃 “aaaand…go!” or “1,2,3…go!”
- 🙃 “XX is bringing sexy back” (literally I remember singing this song on my way to my college retail job…15 years ago)
please write in your votes below.”
Carolina shared, “Presenting my favorite tweets of the day. 💁♀️”
This was our fav from this week’s Facebook fiasco:
Carney is Hiring
We’re looking to add a few people to the Carney crew. If you’re awesome, or know awesome people, check out our current openings:
Can you show us some TikTok tricks? Digital Content Strategist, Social Media
Can you make code magic happen? Full Stack Web Developer
Can you dazzle digital marketing campaigns? Digital Marketing Manager
Some good things to know about Carney:
- We are based in Pittsburgh, our couches, dining room tables, and home offices, so remote candidates are welcome.
- We are digital marketing NERDS and looking for applicants just as passionate for brands, trends, and websites.
- We have sweet benefits including healthcare, holidays, and unlimited paid-time-off.
- And, we are extremely (!) dog friendly.
Lavender Margarita 💜
It’s the chill, mellow marg we need to wrap up this week.
- 2 oz. silver tequila
- 1/2 oz. Cointreau
- 1 oz. lavender simple syrup (in the words of Ina Garten, “storebought is fine”)
- 1/2 lime
- Dried lavender (we suggest crushing them)
- In a shaker, combine 2 oz. silver tequila, 1/2 oz. Cointreau, 1 oz. simple syrup and the juice of half a lime and let sit.
- On a plate, mix the sugar and dried lavender and use it to rim the outside of a rocks glass. (it’s insta-worthy)
- Shake and strain the contents of the strainer into the glass with ice.
Recipe from Cooking Channel
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1935, Bride of Frankenstein
Do you know the four elements that make up the Airbnb Logo?
People + Places + Love + “A”
But, uh, we get it if you see something else…