Be in the Know
The most important social media trends to know for 2020
Y’all social media is evolving. No, that’s not really news. But the marketer who fails to stay alert is the one who falls behind.
Once again, we’re jumping right into it with Sprout Social! In case your social strategy is running amock at the start of 2020, here are the biggest trends to get you back in action…
1. Brands re-evaluating the metrics that matter most. Likes once rang supreme to measure success on social media. But on FB and IG, Likes are hidden. Where do we turn now? Look to understand what’s driving conversation with customers. Longterm engagement > short-term spikes.
2. The growth of private communities and tight-knit tribes. Cold hard truth incoming – Can every single human on this earth gain value from your product/service? Probably. Will every human actually want it? No. And that’s why building genuine connections with super fans should be your new focus.
3. More advanced, dynamic and direct social ads. Consumers are getting more comfortable with ads across major social channels. With targeting capabilities reaching new heights, marketers have the ability to sell in meaningful ways.
4. Brands are putting influencers under a microscope. The combination of fake influencers and the downfall of likes put extra scrutiny on influencer marketing. The best practice going into 2020 is to work with nan-influencers or those with a few thousand followers.
5. Stories aren’t slowing down. Instagram & Facebook Stories are all the rage and that doesn’t appear to change any time soon. And creating interaction is the best strategy. Use polls, quick questions, and more Story features to engage your audience.
6. Video content continues to boom. Facebook has the most active users and plenty of ways to incorporate video. Instagram brings new life to IGTV with landscape video. YouTube is getting more notoriety among brands/marketers. And then there’s TikTok. Don’t 👏 sleep 👏on 👏video👏
Get further explanations from the original article. Plus, 3 more great strategies worth reviewing. You know what to do!
Branded Content Made Easy
Struggling to know where to start when it comes to buying branded content?
With ThoughtLeaders, you can find over 50,000 different sponsorship opportunities all in one place with content creators spanning YouTube, podcasts, newsletters, and blogs.
Their platform helps you manage every step of the process such as finding relevant content channels, purchasing the sponsorships, submitting creative assets, and tracking the results.
Best of all, you’ll get free access to their competitive intelligence tools. Keep an eye on where your competitors are featured and learn what strategies are working for them.
Get in touch to schedule a demo and start promoting your brand today!
What we're reading...
Although we’re a little ways away from Easter, Cadbury is eager to grab our attention with their famous Creme Egg.
If you’re looking for brand new content to binge, then this eggcellent service will give you the latest and greatest in chocolate creme-filled egg-based entertainment – or EATertainment as they’re calling it.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1967, Sunrise Eggs
“I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.”
Louisa May Alcott