Be in the Know
- Suzuki released an out-of-the-box ad about how it’s “good different”
- Google’s “Ads Creative Studio” tool is available to all businesses for creating streamlined ad content
- Peloton has a nude – err, we mean new – ad with actor Chris Meloni
- Netflix is partnering up with Microsoft for its upcoming ad-supported subscription plan
Finding weird stuff (FWS) for the sake of SEO
Lookin’ for SEO love in all the wrong places? Search Engine Land has a new, creative way to go about SEO projects, research, and search audits.
Sometimes you just have to find weird stuff (FWS) to unlock SEO success.
Ways to FWS for SEO Research:
- The site: query: In Google, type “site:” followed by the domain that you want to review.
- Look into .pdf traffic: Review your analytics. You might be surprised about the amount of traffic coming to .pdf pages hosted on your website because they lack analytics tracking. Converting these .pdfs into HTML pages might be a good solution to making a high-ranking page.
- Do a little time travel: If there are dips in organic traffic after a redesign, you may need to better understand what was working in the old layout. Use the Wayback Machine to see how things used to be.
- Check robots.txt and XML sitemaps: You’ll often find pages that shouldn’t be on the site publicly, orphaned pages, or essential pages that have fewer internal links than they deserve.
- Google Search Console: Google Search Console > Settings > Crawl Stats – Check this out for signs of previous hacks or unknown content.
- Page Speed Insights: You might find things like JS, CSS, or images being served multiple times or tracking pixels that are no longer in use.
There are so many off-page and on-page influences for a brand’s SEO that you are bound to find new insights when you shake up your research checklist and start turning over weird rocks.
Check out the full post by Search Engine Land for more research possibilities.
Q for You
A social media scheduler built for teams! 🎉
HeyOrca is THE social media scheduler built for teams. Never pay for additional users! Trusted by 10,000+ social media managers around the world 🌍
✅ Unlimited Users
✅ Unlimited Scheduling and Approvals
✅ Unlimited Social Media Reports
✅ Unlimited Media Storage
✅ Unlimited Publishing to Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, GMB, LinkedIn, and Twitter
✅ Instagram Reels and TikTok Planning and Scheduling
Use code DailyCarnage25 to receive 25% off your first 3 months!
Polls are a quick and efficient way to engage your newsletter audience.
You may have noticed we like to do that ourselves 😉
And you can do the same! Our Scalemail Polls are easy to integrate into your email campaigns and will give you an insightful look into your audience.
Let us show you how!
What is in These Capri Suns?
There’s no other way to describe this new video series by Capri Sun but to say they’re freakin’ weird. They are part of a new initiative to give kids a mini entertainment break, instead of just another ad. This “Break Free TV” is an anthology series of animated snippets. Some of them get all kinds of funky.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past