Be in the Know
- $1,495 for a mirror?! It also doubles as a personal trainer. ‘Mirror’ is closing another round of funding at $36m. That’ll bring their valuation to $300m.
- Spotify launches ‘Spotify Stations.’ It has a very Pandora-esque feel to it. What do you think?
- Ikea is launching robotic furniture. Unfortunately, the robot will not put your furniture together.
- Apple versus Facebook. Apple is becoming the asocial network with new developments to iOS 13 including a ‘sign in with Apple’ feature.
How to Streamline Your Content Operation
Do any of these sound familiar?
- Hunting down artwork in email attachments
- Never having the latest version of an upcoming post
- Waiting until the last minute for copy
Content marketing teams have a lot to think about. It can get messy fast, really fast.
Having a streamlined approach for your content team is paramount to success.
Here are a few tips to streamline your content operation:
1. Define your process: This is one of the most important phases to streamlining your content. There has to be a structured outline in place that will be executed on for each new piece of content. The outline should include who is doing what and when they are doing it.
2. Create an asset library: Whether you’re a two or twenty person content team, everyone needs to know where the content lives. There are a lot of platforms that handle this, but we’re biased towards Airtable. Creating an asset library will save you a ton of time and clicks in the long run.
3. Share your content calendar: Nothing is worse than frantically slacking someone from your team at 2am about the upcoming feature. To combat this, plan your content on a digital calendar and attach your teammates.
4. Meet on a regular basis: We’re not talking a 30-minute meeting about your new binge-worthy feed on Netflix. Plan a weekly meeting to make sure your team is on track with the outline implemented in step one. Staying on track will keep the team focused and in turn make things run more efficiently.
Your New Content Calendar
Is your content calendar stuck in a spreadsheet? Tired of copy/pasting, old versions, and struggling to find what you need?
Today’s tool takes the stress out of content marketing. It’s called Airtable.
It’s your one-stop-shop for all things content. Store assets, plan out your content pipeline and automatically see deadlines on a calendar.
Folks in our Facebook group love it. See the thread here.
Save yourself time & headaches – try it for free today! Yes, free.
There’s been a lot of hype about Apple this week.
Dark Mode is supposedly easy on the eyes and perfect for low-light environments. Time will tell.
Check out the hype video below.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
Aw, Schl*tz. The beer that made Milwaukee famous; Schlitz Beer, 1966.