Do Ya Know?
Top Posts of The Week
- Instagram is adding helpful new Reels analytics for marketers.
- This is not a drill: McDonald’s is bringing back the Hamburglar.
- Instagram now allows up to 5 links in bio.
- The Wes Anderson TikTok trend is ripe for brand participation.
What We Learned
Monday: The better you are at ensuring your customer that you are the unique answer to their specific need—and guiding them to take action—the higher your landing page conversion rates will be. Create unique landing pages for each audience, test variables, limit navigation, keep it concise, and, above all, have a great offer.
Tuesday: It’s Q2 2023 and we’re chatting with bots, posting lo-fi shorts, and migrating to GA4. Here are 7 growing content trends to keep a pulse on this year—from podcasting to the creator economy.
Wednesday: If you’re optimizing your SEO strategy, consider these 8 factors confirmed by Google to weigh on your rank.
Thursday: High-converting service pages have 5 things in common: descriptive copy, testimonials, illustrative visuals, frictionless design, and thoughtfully placed CTAs.
Join The Conversation
Shanna asked, “Does the unicorn of a social listening tool + marketing project management tool exist?”
Katie shared, “People on my marketing team are pitching the idea of moving from Photoshop for creating our promotional emails to Figma and I am feeling hesitant. I was curious if this group had any pros and cons for making the switch.”
Nicole asked, “What are some of the more successful lead nurture sequences you’ve used for the “active on site” segments?”
Kristina shared, “Now this is how you lean into a disaster.”
Someone posted the Untitled Folder Wallet by Nikolas Bentel Studio in the Carney Slack this week and… well, look at it:
If only this thing came with a “Clean Up” option for old receipts and expired coupons.
Honey Rose Old Fashioned
- 1 tablespoon dried rose buds
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 oz bourbon
- 2 dashes apple bitters
- Garnish: long orange peel rolled into a rose shape, dried rose buds
- Brew the rose buds in boiling water for 8 minutes. Strain 1/2 cup into a glass measuring cup. Add 3/4 cup honey and stir well. Let cool completely.
- In a mixing glass, combine the syrup, bourbon, and bitters. Add ice and stir until well chilled. Strain into a rocks glass and garnish.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
Rumple Minze, 1993
Did Ya Know?
Legend has it that the original distillery, opened in Cuba by Don Facundo Bacardí Massó in 1862, was home to a colony of fruit bats with a taste for liquor. This symbol of good health and fortune became part of the iconic brand’s logo, which is why Bacardi is known locally as “el ron del murciélago” or “the rum with the bat.”