Be in the Know
- McDonald’s said it will more than double investments in diverse media partners as part of a new plan to improve representation.
- Have you seen the new Fornite NBA skins? Neat.
- Snap Inc. to launch dynamic shopping lenses with the help of Perfect Corp.
- Adidas and Allbirds have come together on a shoe collaboration that looks cool but keeps it eco-friendly.
The Need for ‘Evolved Phygital’: Ramping Up the Experience
Phygital is one of those words that make you go “why didn’t I think of that?” Phygital is meshing online and offline tactics. It has especially hit retail experiences hard by being the new standard for shopping.
Some simple phygital solutions:
- Social media: Instagram and Facebook can be great outlets for offering incentives to users who perform an action in-store. You can also do the reverse, inviting in-store customers to subscribe or tag to get a special offer in return.
- Pop-up and temporary stores: A company that operates exclusively online might open a pop-up store or improvised booth. Sometimes physical is the way to go, sometimes virtual.
But let’s put this baby into MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE. What does an evolved phygital experience look like?
- The Usual Suspects: More and more restaurants, retail environments, and any instance for contactless customer service are using digital displays and touch screens. QR codes have been reborn as the standard gateway to most in-person transactions nowadays.
- The Hybrids: International retailers are innovating when it comes to combining their social media and physical shopping environments. “Smart hangers” showing reviews, likes, and real-time online purchasing are creating a more in-tune buying experience for customers.
There are a lot of things to think about when considering options in phygital tactics. This past year, online shopping was the only retail experience for most consumers. Digital integrations are now the expected nuances in a shopping experience. This is especially true as smart displays become less of a financial investment and social media stays an integral part of integrated strategies.
Get more insight on phygital examples and trends by checking out the rest of the Marketing Tech News article.
Q for You
Perfect for the novice, even easier for the advanced developer. You can use it for doc demos, bug reporting (test-case) for Github issues, presenting code answers on stack overflow, live code collaboration, or even code snippet hosting.
We just love growing a list, my dude. Other referral systems have a ton of features and webhooks without really focusing in on email acquisition. So we made our own solution. Easily integrate Scalemail into your newsletter or email to build a quality email list.
Sound good? Then let’s get this bread!
Taco Bell has a different philosophy on what it means to be a great chicken sandwich. Gone are the days of the same pickled sammy. After popular demand, fans will be able to enjoy Taco Bell’s Naked Chicken Chalupa in all its classic crispy glory. Not fully a taco and not fully a sandwich, the ad shows just what a revolution the chicken chalupa is.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1963, Wyler & Co.
“The questions you ask are more important than the things you could ever say.”