Be in the Know
- With Apple Business Connect, you can now customize how your business info appears across Apple Maps, Messages, Wallet, and Siri.
- Tweetbot not working? That’s because Twitter blocked third-party clients for good.
- Self-improving, multi-modal AI is coming.
- Kraft Mac & Cheese has modernized their brand by leveraging the art of self-care in their playful, 15-second spots.
9 Content Marketing Myths
While you’re waiting around for AI to be smart enough to create all of your blogs, infographics, and ebooks for you… there’s always time to adjust your approach to content marketing. Here are 9 content marketing myths for a quick gut-check:
- Producing content doesn’t make you an authority on your industry. To rank as a thought leader, your publishing schedule must be consistent, and your content must be high-quality enough to be cited by other reliable sources.
- A simple blog is not enough. Your blog is just one of the pillars holding up your brand, and it should be fortified with keyword research and analysis, customer support, and original content that ladders back up to your brand purpose.
- More is not more. Instead of struggling to produce an unsustainable volume of content, focus on offering genuinely helpful, well-researched content at regular intervals to boost your reputation and increase conversions.
- Not everything should be automated. Know when to delegate tasks to automation platforms and AI, and know when to show up and be available for spontaneous engagement and viral opportunities.
- Keep tweaking. “If it’s not broke, don’t fix it” doesn’t apply. What worked well for your business or brand in Q1 may be tired strategy by next Q2.
- Content marketing is not advertising. This is not the channel for hard selling, but for building relationships. You can create a conversion funnel from your content, but it is going to be a longer funnel.
- Don’t focus on link building alone. Your first priority should be to create content with depth, interest, and relevance to your audience. From there comes authority, search engine prominence, and backlinks.
- Virality isn’t everything. Simply put: your content isn’t a failure if it doesn’t go viral.
- This work isn’t easy. It’s a tall order to be an expert, a creative, and a strategist in one. Don’t underestimate the challenge, and keep yourself sharp with resources and training.
Check out the full scoop on Search Engine Watch.
It’s hard to find a good, free mobile video editing app, but VITA is a powerful little tool with a lot of big fans. VITA allows you to easily export videos in full HD quality and make use of features like slow motion, cinematic transitions, filters and effects, video templates, animated fonts, and more.
Need a Writer?
We get it. Writing isn’t for everyone. But in a world full of slapdash content, it’s hard to get by these days without a good writer to break through the noise.
At Carney, we’re storytellers. We read for fun. Some of us are still tight with our fifth-grade English teachers.
We make content that people actually read, like The Daily Carnage. What can we do for you?
Call Me (By Your Name)
Timothee Chalamet can do TV. At least, he’s starting with this TV commercial for Apple TV+, which leans into his aspiring, self-conscious brand. In the course of this spot, we are introduced to 8 star-studded films and shows on the streaming service. None of which include Timmy, to his dismay.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past