Be in the Know
- Facebook is to announce a rebrand with a new name at their Connect conference (and we would love to hear guesses
- Oatly has an interesting merch strategy with upcycled, limited-release jackets
- Check out this study on the effectiveness of airport advertising
- Up the octave! Starburst weighs in on their 14-year-old “Berries and Cream” ad turning into a TikTik sound
Marketing to Generation Alpha
(note: we’re not in charge of what generations are named.)
Even if you don’t have a full grasp of Gen Zers, you have to start thinking of Generation Alpha, too. Generation Alpha are kids born from 2010 through 2024. And by 2025, they will have numbers in the billions…the largest generation in the history of the world.
Why they matter/are going to matter:
- They’re raised online and by millennial parents.
- They’re weaned on TikTok, Amazon, and in-app purchases.
- They’re going to (inevitably) have a lot of influence.
The big thing to know is that they are pre-consumers with major household influence, as kids often do.
What do marketers need to know about Generation Alpha?
- They’re visual in how they consume content.
- They’re gonna be global in their outlook and perspective.
- They’re gonna know influence for change can start online.
- They’re gonna be big fans of sustainability and social equality.
Some other demographic tid-bits:
- They’ll be more likely to go to college.
- They’ll be more likely to grow up in a single-parent household.
- They’ll be more likely to be surrounded by college-educated adults.
Wanna know more about the kids of the future? Check out the full Axios article!
Q for You
We know that there are a large number of link-in-bio tools available, but with Buffer’s Start Page you can quickly generate a landing page and URL for your business that puts your name front and center of the link. The first thing you see in the URL is your name, not Buffer’s.
When creating your Start Page, you can also customize the appearance and layout of the page, so that it truly feels like it’s yours. The best part of Buffer’s new tool? It’s free for anyone to use. Try it out to see for yourself.
Pick a domain for free!
Did you know Carney is the agency behind this newsletter?
Writing the Daily Carnage is what we do.
Building brands that break through the noise is what we do best.
Marketing strategy, content, design, development, analytics, and all things in between!
Let us know what we can do for your brand or next big project.
Love at First Taco 🌮
A touching little love tale: boy meets girl, girl wants taco.
Taco Bell has been making us mini-movies and faux movie trailers for a while. This ad is no exception to their usual formula of giving us a little twist where a character ends up in a Taco Bell restaurant or drive-thru. Also, they did a perfect job making that Cantina Crispy Melt look bomb.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
“‘Engage or Die!’ Now it’s clear that businesses must also ‘Adapt or Die!'”