Be in the Know
- A lesson in PR: Daily Harvest had a major food recall that it handled poorly
- See the latest talks on Netflix’s advertising plans with Google, Comcast, and Roku
- Ahead of the 4th of July, Miller Lite is celebrating its women brewers
- Bacardi is using wearable QR code clothing to promote upcoming artists
Where Are CMOs Spending Money in 2022?
No one ever knows for certain how far your money will go. As CMOs and executives plan their marketing budgets, Forbes noticed a trend in five areas of focus.
Here’s where marketers are putting their money so far in 2022:
- Customer Data Privacy: The marketing landscape as a whole has grown privacy as a focal point. More than 1 in 3 CMOs will enhance cybersecurity for customer data as well.
- Data Driven Marketing: We’re still fans of the notion that “content is king,” but data is quite the convincing runner up. So as marketing strategies move data to the forefront, there is a need to invest in big data and analytics (if that hasn’t happened already). We’re not just talking streamlined dashboards, we’re talking advanced data sourcing and research.
- Building a More Diverse Marketing Team: The Great Resignation is still alive and well meaning companies are dealing with major gaps in their talent and likely still understaffed. CMOs will have to work to fill those gaps by building a more diverse marketing team and hiring more agency partners that prioritize diversity.
- Elevating Diverse Voices: Brands have recognized that they cannot treat diversity as a trend to celebrate outwardly. They have to make meaningful steps and put money where their mouths are for authentic support in communities and elevation of diverse voices in campaigns.
- Expanding the Team’s Skills: Part of employee retention during these times includes developing your team’s skill-set. Investing in programs, certifications, and even soft-skills is essential for your team’s success and happiness.
Overall, there are huge trends in data and diversity for where CMOs are investing their budgets. Check out the full Forbes article for all the stats and examples.
Q for You
Need a lead capture solution?
OptinMonster is lead generation software for marketing teams, eCommerce websites, and small businesses that can help grow email lists, improve website conversions, and reduce cart abandonment. It does this using incentives to capture your site traffic with real-time optimization tools to grow more.
Check it out to see how it floats your lead management boat!
Speaking of Growth...
How is your email list doing?
Marketers are always looking to grow their numbers. They can work fast, and they can work hard, but sometimes they need a little boost.
Get that boost from your subscirbers’ networks!
Scalemail Referrals is a tool we developed that incentivizes subscriber referrals. Simply enable your users to share your newsletter so they can earn perks!
Let us tell you all about how you can set up your own referral rewards program.
A Man of Mystery
Playstation made a little film about this mystery man who otherwise looks like a normal, well-to-do guy. But he really does have some tricks up his sleeve … and locked in his basement. It takes the viewer into the different lives a gamer can live. Because, according to Playstation, why be one thing when you can be anything?
Ads from the PastAds from the Past