Top Posts of the Week
- Are you paying attention to the cookie-less deadline? Google pushes the phaseout of cookies until late 2023
- LinkedIn was hit with a second big data breach since April, this time exposing 92% of users’ data
- Door Dash x PetSmart have come together for pet supply deliveries and an adorable ad
- Pass the limes 🍻 Corona has become the first global beverage brand with a net-zero plastic footprint
What We Learned
Monday: The Drum and podcasting platform Acast dive into all things audio on a panel discussion about Audio as Marketing’s Next Frontier. They give some great advice on where to focus your content, types of audio channels, and the steps you should be taking for a sonic branding strategy.
Tuesday: What is brand love without brand trust? Marketing Charts covered trust builders and breakers for consumers in a recent survey. In 2021, it’s all about privacy, protection, and positive experiences. Authenticity and literal advertising is always a good rule of thumb.
Wednesday: Pride month is over, but instilling pride in your organization doesn’t have to stop with it! Chartered Managers Institute gives us a guide on How to Instill Pride in Your Organization Year-Round and continue to be an ally.
Thursday: We made a goof! These data tips didn’t make it to your inbox yesterday, but TechBeacon gave us 5 lessons for keeping your unstructured data secure. They are:
- Make sure data security also supports business functionality.
- Too much data is an anchor to your budget so figure out what’s essential to host.
- Supporting the remote workforce means making data accessible.
- Cloud migration doesn’t have to be 0 to 100! Classify your data before migration.
- Supply chain security is just as important as internal security.
Join the Conversation
Abby posted, “Burnt. Out. Hi All, I am experiencing some burnout when coming up with content for our social media pages. […] For those who have experienced similar feelings, what do you do to help dig yourself out or help create when you are in a rut?”
Milica asked, “I’ve been tasked with the amazing task of finding a vendor for premiums – pens and lapel pins. Any recos?”
Andrea wrote, “Thoughts about using stock images vs the client’s images for websites?”
Amie shared, “For the last several months I’ve been very impressed with the VDOT staffer who does all the fun messages on our road signs. Being re-shared by Ludacris is next level 😎 If you’re in this group, well done!”
“If you do not know how to ask the right question, you discover nothing”
–W. Edwards Deming
Sage advice, man. Don’t you wanna know more about your readers? Well go on, ask them what’s up! Scalemail Polls is your ticket to getting it done. This system integrates seamlessly into your existing email or site and can be customized to ask all sorts of Q’s.
Smash the button to get started with a demo!
Gin Fizz before 4th of July Biz
- 1 1/2 oz. gin
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- 1/2 oz. freshly squeezed lime juice
- Lime wheels, for garnish
- Combine the gin, syrup, and lime juice in a shaker with ice.
- Shake it like a kid with a sparkler.
- Strain into a highball glass filled with crushed ice.
- Top off with seltzer and garnish with lime wheels.
Recipe by Capital Cocktails
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
What brand has the claim to the most expensive commercial ever produced?
Chanel takes the cake at $33 million with their 2004 Chanel No. 5 “The Film” ad featuring Nicole Kidman and Rodrigo Santoro.
🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🇺🇸
In observation of Independence Day, we will see ya Tuesday, July 6th!