Be in The Know
- Sharpen your Pinterest ad skills with the platform’s new e-learning resource.
- This infographic will help you choose the right corporate gifts for each brand archetype.
- Try Cardi B and Offset’s duo meal at McDonald’s or Rosalia’s transformation-flavored Coca-Cola.
- Here are the game’s biggest winners, according to USA TODAY’s Super Bowl Ad Meter.
Why You Should Reuse Your Social Content
Every since content was crowned king, brands have generated high-quality, evergreen social content on the daily. There’s no doubt that the digital environment favors the fresh. But when it comes to your most engaging organic posts, what’s so wrong with a rinse and repeat?
Here are 5 reasons to pull some top performing posts back out of your colossal archive:
- Your audience hasn’t even seen your content. Sorry. Between 68 and 88 percent of your audience never saw that glossy carousel or joke tweet. It might just gain more traction and favor the second time around.
- Everyone wants to hear your greatest hits. There’s a reason those posts did numbers. They likely appealed to an emotion, nostalgia, or irony—and they will again. Really good social content that sticks in people’s memories has the potential to become iconic.
- Everyone deserves a second chance. We all have that one tweet that should have went viral but was DOA for no apparent reason. Trust your instinct and see if it lands this time.
- Put a little twist on it. Maybe your TikTok didn’t perform well because the first 5 seconds didn’t stop people in their tracks. Test out a new intro, bigger screen text, or a new headline to give it another shot.
- You’ll lighten the load on your social managers. Enough said.
Check out Marketing Brew’s post for more.
Q For You
Publer is a free-to-affordable social media scheduling platform that allows you to create posts individually and in bulk, drag and drop to organize content, make real-time edits, take advantage of integrated best practices and recommendations, and analyze metrics for multiple brands or clients.
Did marketers really invent Valentine’s Day to sell greeting cards and roses? Maybe! It sounds like something we’d do, TBH. Reach out to Carney and we’ll invent a whole holiday for whatever you’re selling.
Biggest Loser: M&M’s
Yesterday, we asked you which of the much-hyped Big Game ads was the worst.
The results are in, and the M&M’s “Ma&Ya’s” (Now With Clams!) spot was the biggest fail. Maybe it’s because the brand chose a low-risk, low-reward approach after the spokescandies controversy, or maybe Maya Rudolph’s jokes didn’t land, or maybe we’re all a little tired of months-long hype campaigns. Here it is, ICYMI.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past