Be in the Know
- Corona introduces a non-alcoholic beer with added vitamin D called “Sunbrew” with a feel good, stop-motion ad
- Rick Astley stars in Frito-Lay’s New Years campaign about smart snacking
- KFC will be serving “Beyond Fried Chicken,” plant-based chicken nuggets, in partnership with Beyond Meat
- Twitter is testing a new “Topics Bar” above the main timeline to test different discovery features
5 On-Page SEO Factors To Check In Underperforming Content
SEO tactics are constantly changing, especially when one of the biggest search engines, Google, likes to keep us on our toes. On-page SEO has changed to be more than just meta descriptions and copy.
It’s time for a refresher! Here are five on-page SEO elements to check if you have some underperforming pages.
- Written Content: Your content elements are one of the primary types of on-page SEO. Make sure that the content you write is making good use of your keyword strategy. Use HTML subheadings for structure and SEO support, too!
- Title Tags: The title tag is the “title” of your page and is the main element that search engines use to determine your page’s intent. The title tag should be focused on the exact keyword that your page is targeting to support ranking.
- Page URL: We all know that every webpage generates a URL, but you should be taking the time to make sure those contain your primary keyword, too. But don’t cram keywords into the URL willy nilly, because search engines might get confused as to which word you are trying to rank for.
- Image Alt Text: Visual elements are essential to making your site interesting, but many marketers still neglect their video and image alt text. If you don’t include your target keywords in your alt text, search engines won’t index your visual elements, which means they won’t show up if a user does a video or image search. Alt-text also ensures that your content is accessible. It’s a win-win!
- Both Internal And External Links: Internal links are links that point to other content within your website, and they help Google understand the context of a page. External links point to content outside of your website. You need to have a balance of both!
Check out Search Engine Journal’s full post for more on-page SEO resources and examples.
Q for You
Need help finding a single source of truth dashboard tool? Domo brings together data from any source for interactive and connected dashboards. It lets you use drag-and-drop data science actions to connect data no matter the size, volume, or source with functions for classification, forecasting, clustering, and more. Try it out for free!
Capturing Community with Coffee
Just about everyone knows an older adult in their life that uses McDonald’s as their coffee hang-out spot with friends. McDonald’s released a series of ads that embraces Spanglish communities and specifically calls out this group of seniors in Kendall, Florida. It’s a charming ad showing the active social lives of elders and how McDonald’s facilitates it for them.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
“Good advertising is a dialogue with people.”