National Take Your Cat to Work Day
We’re having a purrr-fect start to Take Your Cat to Work day. Say hello to the cool cats and kittens of Team Carney…
Be In The Know
- Tiny Forests Are Springing Up All Around Europe, Inspired By Japan, to Help Restore Biodiversity
- Google Has Released a New, Pinterest-style App called ‘Keen’
- 20 Extremely Cool Twitter Tricks & Tips
- Instagram Tests Shopping Tags in Post Captions
How to Network Online Like a Champ
Networking and conferences look a smidgen different nowadays…aka – it went virtual. It’s a little chaotic and full of tech issues, but the camaraderie is more alive than ever.
Sure, in time, in-person conferences will come back bigger than ever. For right now though, Moz is showing how to jump into the virtual networking pool.
Keep a weather eye out for opportunities such as…
- Live Chats whether it’s through an actual event platform, or via a Twitter/Reddit thread.
- Ask Me Anything interviews or Q&A panels for your chance to chat with an expert after their presentation.
- Hyper-specific mini-conferences, or break-out sessions on a pre-determined topic.
- Select Facebook Groups that you’re excited to learn from and will be committed to.
Speaking of commitment, what does meaningful interaction look like?
- Bring your perspective to the table. Your insight can bring a lot of value to the conversation by offering a different side to the original comment or by building on it.
- If you have knowledge to share, say it loud, friend. Doing this can position yourself as an expert and form connections with like-minded people.
- When it makes sense, back yourself up with resources whether you ask a question, answer one, or responding to a comment. Putting this to practice will help establish your credibility.
- Here’s one last tip – don’t forget to speak with kindness. As we’re cemented in front of computer and phone screens, we’re forgetting it’s a person on the other end.
You found a few networking opportunities, you’re jumping all in, but a real pro doesn’t stop there. It’s the follow up that makes the lasting difference.
- When interacting with like-minded folks, make a “Want-to-Meet” list. These are folks you want to reach out to later whether for new talent, professional partnerships, or a debate buddy.
- Invite your new friend to regular 1:1 meetups. We’re big fans of the morning coffee chat but that’s just us.
Visit Moz for all the details on becoming a pro networker.
Virtual Marketing Conferences
If you’re interested in freshening up your marketing skills, here are a handful of virtual conferences to look into this year:
- Inbound2020 will be an immersive online experience taking place on September 22nd and 23rd.
- Content Marketing World 2020 looks to still run the in-person conference in October as scheduled, but a virtual pass is available.
- New York’s AdvertisingWeek in October is 4 days of seminars and workshops for marketing, advertising, media, tech, and design professionals.
- MarketingProfs B2B Forum 2020 is taking place in San Francisco in the beginning of November to cover all things B2B.
- This November 2020 Forbes CMO Summit will take place in New York, but can potentially become virtual.
Looking for more coverage on LGBTQ+ news and issues? Check out The Advocate to read up on the latest.
Join The Goodness
In the not too distant future or perhaps in an alternate reality, it looks like our planet has turned into Candyland. Everything is sweet on the surface, but something more sinister is brewing.
Babybel is bringing us the cheesiest movie of the year in which giant gummy cats plot to carry out an evil agenda while Babybel cheese must come to the rescue. Maybe it won’t be hitting theaters, but fingers crossed it comes to a streaming service like HBrieO.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
“Trust in dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity.”