Quick! No Googling...
Top Posts of the Week
- The Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet in Australia’s logo for the Women’s Network is under fire for looking like a…well…a 🍆
- Will Ferrell works with Danish bank Lunar in their latest campaign as an eccentric Nordic money guru
- MiraLAX is reforming “Workstipation” because not many people are thrilled to use office bathrooms
- 6 tips for running your LinkedIn ads
What We Learned
Monday: There’s always SOMETHING happening with Google updates. We gave you the rundown on how to optimize your site for Google’s Core Web Vitals. To review, Google’s main measurements are:
- Largest Contentful Paint (LCP)
- First Input Delay (FID)
- Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS)
Do those sound familiar? If not, time to do some reading.
Tuesday: Don’t hit that button! There are a lot of things that can go wrong with email marketing. Download the 29-item QA checklist from Litmus before your next send. It’s a straightforward checklist for you and your team that you can use to double-check things and be accountable in your email process.
Wednesday: Startup Decoder wrote an article about how to job search using targeting tactics. That includes planning well in advance for your ideal opportunity (even if you’re already in a position) and how to track openings and companies in your feeds.
Thursday: Think Insight’s taught us how to use a PICK chart to help brainstorm and tackle initiatives. A PICK Chart is a Lean Six Sigma (LSS) tool used to categorize ideas so you can figure out what is possible, what to implement immediately, what’s going to be a challenge, and what to kill off entirely.
Join the Conversation
Ahmad shared, “Doing ads like a boss 😎”
Melanie wrote, “Social Media Managers on TikTok: is there any way to see mentions and/or hashtags chronologically? We get tagged a lot and it’s hard to find the newest videos that we were tagged in so we can comment and like! Any tips?”
Mary asked, “Anyone have an email marketing system they love? I’ve grown disenchanted with Mailchimp…”
Sara posted, “Favorite workday playlist on spotify? I’m partial to ones that are primarily binaural beats… TIA!”
Who? What? Where? When? Why? How?
There are so many questions you could be asking your audience. To start asking away, use Scalemail Polls.
This polling system is built into your existing email or site to ask your audience questions right at the source. Gain direct insights and more information on your readers just by asking them.
Let’s talk if you’d like to use Scalemail Polls as a part of your own emails or newsletter.
Iced Irish Coffee
We won’t tell anyone if this is your St. Patrick’s Day hangover cure this morning.
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup cold coffee
- 1 1/2 ounces Irish whiskey (3 tablespoons)
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup (1 tablespoon)
- Start with making coffee then making it cold (ya know, the thing you do every morning anyway when you forget about your coffee mug).
- Whisk the cream in a medium bowl until thickened up a little.
- Stir coffee, simple syrup, and whiskey together in a glass.
- Fill glass 3/4-full with ice.
- Slowly pour cream into the glass.
- Add a straw and serve it up.
Recipe by Hello Little Home
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
The more you know...
Can you name the company that used to have this logo?
Yep. The name “Nokia” derived from the town in Finland where their first offices were based. The fish is a reference to the river which was located nearby called Nokiavirta. They started out manufacturing paper.