Be in the Know
- Gongs, hums, or jingles make up a brand’s sonic identities –– Hear Tostito’s new “sonic logo”
- Will Ferrell works with Danish bank Lunar in their latest campaign as an eccentric Nordic money guru
- More security means the password crackdown is coming: Netflix is testing new ways to stop password sharing
- See the latest on TikTok’s Oracle deal for data storing on US user information
How to Make a PICK Chart
When it comes to planning ahead, it helps to visualize your initiatives. Calendars, Difficulty Matrixes, and project timelines are all great options to do it. We want to share the PICK chart as another option.
A PICK Chart is a Lean Six Sigma (LSS) tool used to categorize ideas and gets the name from the quadrants it uses:
- Possible – easy, low payoff
- Implement – easy, high payoff
- Challenge – hard, high payoff
- Kill – hard, low payoff
It’s perfect for answering a singular question for individual tasks to map out or for big-picture brainstorming. Here’s how to use it (it’s super easy):
- Draw a 2×2 matrix either on paper for smaller-scale ideas or a whiteboard for bigger planning.
- Write ideas using sticky notes or tabs before you start placing anything on the chart.
- Place the notes on the grid based on the payoff and difficulty levels. Try to make it as definite as possible (no half-placed notes).
- Follow up (the most important step) on the items now that they’ve been prioritized based on where they land on the feasibility and impact. That can mean making timelines or moving resources.
Check out Think Insight’s full directions on how to use this chart and more ideas on how this could help your brainstorming and tackling initiatives.
Q for You
150 Social Media Caption Templates for Instagram
Need a little copywriting help for your captions? PLANOLY created 150 Instagram caption templates that you can fully edit and customize for your brand. The Instagram Caption kit is even grouped by goals to help you quickly plan many days of content or help you out on the fly.
Use this free downloadable Instagram Caption kit to:
- Browse through hundreds of Instagram caption templates made for any brand or business.
- Quickly search through captions and copy them into PLANOLY while scheduling your Instagram content.
- Consistently captivate and engage your audience to grow your Instagram over time.
A Whole World on Your Wrist
If the Game of Thrones introduction were Olympics-themed…
OMEGA has been releasing a series of ads with these super detailed, beautiful animations of whole tiny scenes made out of watch parts. The tiny scenes include sailing, diving, the Olympics, golf, and even space to show the magic of their watch mechanics.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past