Be in the Know
- YouTube versus cable networks. Google announced that YouTube TV is adding 8 more channels and increasing in price from $40 to $50 per month.
- Instagram is limiting the reach of scantily clad models and edgy memes. Directly from the source; “We have begun reducing the spread of posts that are inappropriate but do not go against Instagram’s Community Guidelines.”
- Prince Harry for Apple TV? Yep. The Prince and Oprah are teaming up for a series on mental health.
- Today is the last day to enter our ‘Women in Tech’ Giveaway. Tons of prizes. Feeling lucky?
How to Optimize Your Company LinkedIn Page
We talk a lot about SEO for your website, but you know who else needs some love?
With over 500 million members, LinkedIn continues to be the premier B2B social network. If you don’t already have a company LinkedIn page, here’s why you should:
- More Traffic: Duh, right? Google ranks LinkedIn company pages and posts highly in the search engine results page.
- Stand Out From the Competiton: Folks are savvier these days. They’re researching all your channels. You’ll look a lot more legit with a LinkedIn page.
Alright, now that you have your company page fired up, let’s talk about optimizing it.
- Incorporate Keywords in Your Tagline: Look at your tagline as your ‘elevator pitch.’ Get right to the point by telling folks what you do and who you serve.
- Write a Strong About Section: Groundbreaking stuff, huh? Hear us out though. This comes directly from LinkedIn. With your relevant keywords in mind, follow this framework:
- Vision. What future do we want to help create?
- Mission. How do we create that future?
- Values. Who are we? How do we work?
- Positioning. What makes our brand different?
- Tagline. Our brand summed up in one line.
- Products/Services. Here’s what we provide.
- Link to Your Website: Think of your website as home base or your primary resource. Make sure you include a website link in your about section.
- Complete Your Profile: LinkedIn likes company pages that are completed in their entirety. Finish it!
- Update Frequently: It’s all about staying relevant and maintaining visibility to your followers. Make sure you’re consistently posting.
Instant QR Codes
QR codes came up in our Facebook Group yesterday. The general consensus was that folks still use ’em.
Today’s tool is for all of our QR peeps. It’s called Chrome QR.
It’s the fastest way to generate a QR code from any website. Seriously.
Just click the extension icon and you’ll get a QR code for the website you’re currently on.
Try it out for yourself!
We’re a nimble team of
deep thinkers, believers,
over-achievers, artists, curators,
and dedicated guides.
We know we have some Beyonce fans here.
Mark your calendar for April 17th. Netflix is releasing ‘Homecoming.’ This intimate, in-depth look at Beyoncé’s celebrated 2018 Coachella performance reveals the emotional road from creative concept to a cultural movement.
Check out the trailer below.