Let's Try That Again...
Mailchimp was experiencing some server issues yesterday, so you may have had trouble opening our links.
See what you missed by hitting the button below!
Top Posts of the Week
- The FDA has authorized the marketing of new Vuse products, their first-ever OK to e-cigarettes
- Google is making a big security change for 150 million users
- Retailers are offering holiday deals earlier than ever and here’s why we basically have Christmas in October
- Minnetonka is apologizing for cultural appropriation of Native American culture and adjusting their brand
What We Learned
Monday: We’ve told ya before, and we’ll keep reminding you as we get closer and closer to 2023, but Google is phasing out third-party cookies. Forbes gave 5 ways marketers can prepare for a cookieless future. The tips were:
- Create a data-first strategy for real people rather than just model-based
- Build out your first-party data strategy more in-depth
- Build partnerships with trusted data providers
- Diversify your digital marketing toolkits
- Get yourself a strong measurement partner
Tuesday: Standing still isn’t an option in the world of design. With so many things shifting to digital assets, designers need to be able to have the skills in UI/UX. But understanding everything in UI/UX can be a daunting task. Where do you start? Designer Up gave the guide to transitioning from design into UI and UX.
Wednesday: What do ya know about streaming platforms? We’re not talking about the most binge-wrothy shows. Or the best variety of movies. We’re talking about advertising. Since streaming is such a large portion of entertainment, Ad Age covered on the top dogs of streaming platforms and creative advertising tactics.
Thursday: Like and Subscribe! Where are you getting your marketing how-to’s and tutorials (besides from us)? Thankfully, video content is everywhere and so easy to digest. Brandastic put together a list of the top 11 YouTube channels for digital marketers for all things SEO, email, web design best practices, and how to keep your hustle in the marketing world.
Join the Conversation
Alan-Michael asked, “Hey group! My company recently received an email about Google Analytics 4, and while I’m doing my own search on the pros and cons of switch over to it I wanted to hear from anyone here who might be willing to give some insights on it.
Is Google Analytics 4 worth it? Should we upgrade?”
Laura wrote, “Did anyone else’s boss just all of a sudden get super QR-Code happy? I am trying to explain to them that QR-Codes should NOT be used in emails or on website. (Palm to Face) To make matters worse, they are trying to come up with a way to attach a PDF of the webpage that the QR-Code goes to instead of simply using a link…. SOS”
Cody posted, “Fellow marketers: I have an opportunity to write a blog post for a really big industry blog. Topic is ADHD + working in marketing. What angles would you like to see covered?
(I have ADHD, so this will be a personal perspective)”
Back to Black Bubbly
- 2 oz. black vodka
- 3 oz. lemonade
- 1 oz. club soda
- lemon rounds
- Fill a low ball cocktail glass with ice.
- Add black vodka, lemonade, and top with club soda.
- Stir to combine all of the ingredients together
- Garnish with sliced lemon
Recipe from Keeping the Peas
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
Do you know why Ferrari uses a horse in its logo?
b. It was WWI origins
The black Ferrari horse got its origins during World War I from an aviator called Francesco Baracca, who painted this horse on the side of his plane.
Read about the full history here.