Top Posts of the Week
- Certified daddy Ryan Reynolds made a Father’s Day cocktail recipe with his brand Aviation Gin, and it’s called “the Vasectomy”
- Cannabis parody branding is even more ill-advised as Subway beats out Budway in a branding lawsuit
- The new Xbox was criticized for looking like a fridge, so Microsoft made Xbox mini-fridges
- “Google Workspace” is the new branding of Gmail on the web
What We Learned
Monday: We gave you 4 Tips To Help Marketers Battle Against Consumers’ Digital Fatigue from CMS Wire. To recap:
- Make it as personalized and segmented as possible
- Make it interactive and interesting (but don’t overkill it)
- Make it human-centric
- Make sure your marketing strategy is adaptable
Tuesday: Your employees are essential to your operations AND your brand reputation. People Matters wrote all about Employee Branding as a Marketing Strategy.
Wednesday: Creative Boom has a recent list of 50 of the Best Design Blogs with lovely, thoughtful summaries of what these blogs are all about. We boiled it down and gave you the “dad descriptions” of them.
Thursday: AdWeek talked about FOFO (Fear of Finding Out) in Marketers and how a lot of brands have confronted their FOFO. It seems like fear of responsibility and lack of clarity are the biggest things holding people back. How to combat it as a leader? Transparency!
Join the Conversation
Louise asked, “carnies – who are your idols? Marketers, content writers, and agencies. Blogs, linkedin posts, and podcasts that *don’t* make you cringe and seethe.”
Ashley wrote, “MailChimp questions–because I for some reason CANNOT find the answers to these online.”
We developed Scalemail as a custom referral system to turn our best subscribers into influencers.
It integrated perfectly with MailChimp and our WordPress website. But the best part? Our subscribers DUG IT! They jumped at the chance to earn fun swag like Daily Carnage stickers or socks. Some referred literally dozens of their friends and coworkers. Color us flattered.
Wanna do the same for your list? Then reach out today about a demo!
What’s better than one wine? Two wines. Pairs well with 🍝
- 1 bottle Chianti (750 ml), chilled
- 1 bottle Prosecco (750 ml), chilled
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup brandy
- 1 orange, sliced into rounds, and quartered
- 1 lime, sliced into rounds and quartered
- Combine Chianti, pomegranate juice, sugar, and brandy, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Add orange and lime slices; chill.
- Gently stir in Prosecco before serving.
Recipe from Cuisine at Home
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
QR codes have been around since 1994. What were they made for?
b. tracking vehicle parts