Be in the Know
- Hulu ramps up its personalization efforts, starting with launch of Like / Dislike buttons.
- Instagram will give you more control over your third-party apps…in about six months.
- Giphy Arcade lets you play, create, and share mini-games on the web as if they were GIFs.
- Uber is adding electric mopeds to its app in Paris.
Social Media Metrics That Actually Matter
Yesterday, we talked about dialing in your social media strategy.
Today, we’re talking about the metrics you should be tracking because there’s a good chance you’ll need to demonstrate your efforts are working to the higher-ups.
Higher-ups aside, tracking the right metrics will help you make better decisions.
The folks at Hootsuite did a bang-up job on this post, so we highly recommend checking it out for a deeper dive.
Here’s what you should be tracking and how you should be tracking it:
- Brand Awareness: This refers to the attention your brand is getting across social media channels. Attention refers to @mentions, shares, links, and impressions. Track this by first determining what metrics you want to be associated with brand awareness and then determine your reporting period.
- Audience Growth Rate: AKA…how quickly you’re gaining followers. Track it by measuring your net new followers over a given period of time. Then divide your new net followers by your total audience and multiply it by 100 to get your audience growth rate percentage.
- Post Reach: This will tell you how many people have seen your post. Divide the reach by your total number of followers and multiply it by 100 to get your post reach percentage.
- Applause Rate: This measures the number of approval actions, such as likes, favorites, etc. To track it, add up the total approval actions over a given period of time. Divide that number by your total followers and multiply by 100 to get your applause rate percentage.
- Click-Through Rate: This metric shows the number of people who clicked on a CTA link in your post. To track it, measure the total clicks from a link then measure the total impressions on that post. Finally, divide the number of clicks by the number of impressions and multiply it by 100 to get your CTR percentage.
Alright, now you have some ammunition for the next social media meeting with your boss. If you want even more, smash that button below for 14 more metrics you should be tracking.
Sign and send with ease.
DottedSign is a сross-platform (web and mobile) e-signature tool for you to sign, assign and manage documents online. Stop wasting time emailing signers, printing copies, and faxing paper. Just import your document, sign or request signatures, and hit send.
The free plan should be enough to get you up and signing.
Rudy is Back
How many of you remember the movie Rudy?
Good on ya if you do. If you don’t, you can read all about it here.
In its latest ad spot, KFC revives Rudy with a new dream.
“In business or in life, don’t follow the wagon tracks too closely.”
H. Jackson Brown, Jr.