Be in the Know
- How does a crisp $230m sound? Pretty dang good for HelloSign. The e-sign platform was purchased by Dropbox yesterday. We’d e-sign that deal all day.
- Don’t call it a comeback. Word on the street is the iPod 9.1 may be in the works for 2019. It won’t feature Face or Touch ID, but it will be ‘reasonably’ priced.
Step Up Your Facebook Story Game
We’re channeling our inner Facebook this week and featuring the book on back to back days. Yesterday, it was engagement, today, it’s stories.
Facebook is pretty much neck and neck with Snap at approximately 150m daily active users and it doesn’t show signs of slowing down.
What does that mean for you and your brand? You need to be using FB stories.
Considering the prime real estate of FB stories (at the top of the app), it’s fairly easy to stand out.
Here are a few tips for getting ahead of the crowd:
- Repurpose your IG content. If you’re already posting a story to IG, you might as well post it to Facebook. Instagram makes this super easy by tapping ‘share your story to Facebook’ from the Instagram app.
- Use your computer. The beauty of Facebook is that you can post right from your computer. Whether it’s saved videos or photos, it’s a nice change of pace not having to use your phone.
- Mix it up. Yes, you can share right from IG to FB stories (see #1). While that’s certainly better than nothing, it’s not a bad play to mix things up. Consider sharing behind the scenes content on IG and more in-depth videos on FB.
- Call em’ out. Take advantage of the Facebook ‘CTA’ stickers to show people how to interact with your post.
As organic reach continues to decrease, FB stories is a great place to increase brand awareness and engagement. Get started before it’s too late.
Here’s a new tool for that SEO toolbox.
The Keywords Everywhere extension is a free SEO keyword research tool that shows you useful google keyword search volume and cost per click data on multiple websites.
What we like: results show up in a Google search. It gives some great suggestions for related keywords. It’s free and it exports to a CSV. Boom!
What we don’t like: n/a
Welcome to the Future Says Alexa
Amazon has not confirmed or denied they’re running a Superbowl ad, but they are featuring a bunch of celebs in the ‘Alexa’ beta testing program.
You can’t go wrong with Abbi and Ilana from Broad City. We’re big fans.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
Your ergonomic standing desk got nothing on the CompuCart. Take a minute to soak this ad in. The CompuCart was the legit ‘standing desk’ of 1982. What’s 2050 gonna look like for desks?