Top Posts of the Week
- Liquid Death and Martha Stewart have teamed up to bring you the best spooky season item
- YouTube will begin to roll out @name handles, so be on the lookout if you have a channel
- Chipotle’s “Boorito” promotion is back 👻 – this time adding BeReal and Cash App engagement options
- Kit Kat made a never-ending trick-or-treat bowl just in time for Halloween 🎃
What We Learned
Monday: What does it mean to know, own, and engage with your audience effectively? The Bootstrapped Founder’s blog covered the difference between borrowed and owned audiences. A “borrowed” audience is your following on a platform (mainly social media) that allows you to access people indirectly.
Tuesday: Mailchimp & Co. released its 2022 Benchmark Report. In the “Money Matters” section, they cover how agencies and freelancers did this past year. That includes salaries, bonuses, earnings, and accounts by the numbers.
Wednesday: Live video events can be an essential part of your marketing strategy for plenty of reasons. The top ones being that it’s accessible and authentic. Epiphan Video’s blog put together 10 big benefits to live streaming that you should be checking out for your video content advice.
Thursday: WordPress is one of the most widely used CMS options out there. With that comes a large community of plugins – including some for SEO help. WP Security Ninja broke down the pros and cons of the top 5 SEO plugins for WordPress.
Join the Conversation
Kelly shared, “I’m just a marketer, standing in front of Google, asking them to stop changing the algorithm. 🙃”
Meg wrote, “Hi all! Professor of Marketing here & could use industry insight. I’m talking about buyer personas today as a way to get at the target market, and wanted to make sure people still use these? I’ve seen some discussion on Twitter where companies are moving away from personas but wasn’t sure how widespread that is? Would love any/ all of your thoughts! I want to make sure I’m preparing my students adequately. 🙂”
Tara posted, “What are some long-COVID accommodations you have asked for / your company has in place? I am researching what to ask for (and how to ask for) and hearing concrete (and diverse) experiences will be helpful. Thanks.”
Kat asked, “Hey Carnies, What’s the best gift you’ve received from a client / vendor?”
Ginger Apple Fizz Mocktail
This one is for all you Sober October participants
- 3 oz still apple cider
- 3 oz ginger ale
- 1 oz freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 6 mint leaves
- Pinch powdered cinnamon
- Place apple cider, lime juice, cinnamon, apple cider vinegar and a few ice cubes into a cocktail shaker.
- Clap the mint together in your hands to release the scent, and add to the shaker.
- Shake for about 20-30 seconds until ingredients are combined.
- Pour into an ice filled glass and top with ginger ale.
- Stir gently, garnish with mint, or whatever else makes you happy.
Recipe by Mindful Mockails
Drop Your Mic
Is this thing on? 🎤
If you have a piece of content, software, tools, or tips that Carnage readers could benefit from, we want it. We have several options for sponsored content, so let’s talk!
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
Did Ya Know?
Which brand uses this little guy in its logo?
b. ING Bank