Q For You
Be In The Know
- TikTok Announces ‘Ready, Set, Grow’ Summit for SMBs
- Pinterest Announces New Marketing Tools, Including ‘Pinterest Premiere’ Video Ads
- Google Says That it Will Not Provide Alternate Data Tracking Options When Third Party Cookies are Phased Out
- Twitter Looks to Get in on the eCommerce Boom with New Shopping Experiments
How Niche Communities Are Changing Online Conversations
Life is about the journey, not the destination. Sure. But some things are about the destination. If you’re taking the subway to your favorite bar to meet with your best friends, then you probably want to get there ASAP. I mean, what does the subway have to offer besides a means of transport? Mysterious odors, pickpockets, and the not-so-occasional rat. But by all means, if it’s about the journey, then ride that train all night long.
Don’t get us wrong, we love the subway. It brings strangers together and allows us to steep in the knowledge that we’re not so different from each other. But we also love mozzarella sticks and catching up with friends. The subway is like your regular old Facebook feed and the bar with all your friends is the subreddit that speaks to a niche group. They both have their advantages, but today Neil Patel is outlining how niche communities are changing online conversations.
- Niche Communities Encourage Meaningful Conversations. 45% of respondents in a Global Web Index Study said they were frustrated by bullying and offensive language on social media. These experiences lead people to pursue more comfortable settings that speak more to their interests and personal experiences.
- Niche Communities Are More Personal Than Social Media. Specialized communities cater to the interests and needs of a relatively small group of people. Like-minded individuals can engage in a conversational depth that other forums outside the niche might not reach.
- Niche Communities Allow You to Meet New People With Shared Interests. 20 years ago there was no way to connect with as many people as we can now. While you would be lucky back then to find a local group meeting twice a month to talk about how despicable Grandpa Joe is in Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory, now there are forums centering around this topic for people all over the world to connect.
Read on for more ways marketers can benefit from niche online communities.
Have you ever heard the stone soup story? Every individual in a village contributes one ingredient for a soup they all get to enjoy. Keeping everything in one place can have awesome results. This is the case for Flashbackr.
No, it’s not soup, but it’s the next best thing. This tool is a place in the cloud for you to store just about anything. Videos, photos, documents, weblinks, bookmarks, and much more can be conveniently saved in Flashbackr. Want to share files with others? It’s never been simpler.
What tactics are you employing to grow your email list?
If you’re looking for quality subscribers, then Scalemail is the perfect tool for you.
Did you know our referred subscribers of The Daily Carnage average higher click-through rates and open rates than organic subscribers?
Start growing your own list with Scalemail.
Discover a New Realm of Cosy
Have you ever run a scalp massager over your head? You know, those things that look like long spider legs that encapsulate your noggin? Sorry for the terrifying imagery, but that’s just what they look like. 🤷♀️ Anyway, they’ll make you feel like your whole system is rebooting. A strange, yet pleasant feeling.
Snug brings us this ad about a couple and their brand new couch. But it’s not just any couch. It’s transformative and takes them to another dimension. It’s incredible what comfort will do; very much the feeling of a scalp massager.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
“When you Email it – it’s marketing. When they Click it – its engagement.”