Q for You
Be In The Know
- Facebook Algorithm Now Prioritizes Original Reporting
- Reddit Updates Policies Around Hate Speech, Will Remove Around 2,000 Subreddits as a Result
- Netflix makes $100 million commitment to support Black communities in the U.S.
- LinkedIn Launches New ‘Support’ Reaction, New Tools to Provide Assistance for Job Seekers
B2B SEO: Three Essential Strategies to Generate High-Quality Leads
It takes good patience and skill to build up organic search traffic. Especially since Google likes to keep us on our toes.
To make it a bit easier, Convince & Convert is showing us how to rise the ranks and bring in quality leads. Off to the first point.
Where B2C generally buys on an impulse, B2B will approach the buying process thoughtfully, and with a ton of research. From an SEO perspective this means, B2B Leads intently search for the most efficient solution to their problems. So, you have to deliver that in content.
To do this, Convince and Convert recommend delivering content for each point in the research process to target different intent levels.
- Planning stage: the customer is only looking for possibilities
- Decision stage: the customer has options, and tries to make a choice
- Set-up stage: the target customer is in the process of set-up and facing a specific problem.
On to the second point – working an SEO strategy with the Decision-Making Unit (DMU) in mind. More often than not, in B2B industries about 7ish people are calling the shots. How does one accommodate all the possible decision-makers?
- Get with your sales team to get inside the minds of the DMU.
- Collect competitor, traffic-driving keywords, and organize it based on your identified decision-makers.
- Match each identified search query to a landing page tailored to a particular decision-maker within the targeted DMU.
Now for the third and final point. Google has to know where you belong in comparison to other brands. Google’s Knowledge Graph is it’s understanding of the world, and well, your business. Optimize for this ranking factor by:
- Reach out to get your brand included in listicles featuring your competitors.
- Create a detailed, semantically optimized About page.
- Optimize content for branded queries.
There’s much more to cover and Convince and Convert has the details. Read on, folks, read on.
Find Emails with Hunter
We’re frequently doing outreach to get our content on reputable resources among other things. There’s one constant problem – the right email isn’t always readily available.
This is where Hunter comes in. Search for the brand you’re trying to reach out to. Then Hunter spits out a list of email addresses with “confidence scores,” which is their way of verifying the accuracy of the email.
And it’s mostly free. Hunter offers 50 email searches every month with its free version.
Jessica shared this great resource, “5 racially offensive phrases PR pros must delete from their vocabulary,” and we agree its beneficial for anyone in the marketing world.
Smash that button to read the article and feel free to join the discussion here!
Doesn’t it feel good to get something back?
Everybody deserves a little bit of praise here and there. Praise-worthy events include, but certainly aren’t limited to, feeding the family, crushing it on a client project, or acing a difficult test. Some recognition can be nice.
Emirates NBD brings us an ad with a guy who can’t seem to catch a break. However, he gets something back in the end. Hopefully, his own actions bring him some joy without needing the approval of others.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1877, B. Kupfer & Co.
“Your audience gives you everything you need. They tell you. There is no director who can direct you like an audience.”