Be in the Know
- Twitter Launches it Stories-Like ‘Fleets’ in India, in addition to Brazil and Italy
- Pinterest Shows Shoppable Pins in Visual Search Results
- Facebook News launches to all in the US with the addition of local news and video
- Listen to Google Meet’s impressive new background noise cancellation feature in action
5 Small Ways to Boost SEO Rankings
We’re all about doing the gritty work for the big win here at Team Carney. When we came across this action-packed read from DigitalMarketer, we had to share with our fam!
Here are 5 tips you can tackle right now to increase your SEO ranking.
1. Structure your content for readability. Content bombards our daily routine. As marketers, it’s our job to make it easy and painless. DigitalMarketer recommends incorporating following to publish reader-friendly material:
- H2, H3, and H4 headers
- Bold and italicize text
- Images, visuals, videos
- Bullet points
2. Regularly check for and fix broken links. 404 pages leave major holes in your credibility to both readers and Google. For a reader, it’s a bad user experience. For Google bots, broken links contribute to a high bounce rate, which puts the content value of your website at risk. Again, regularly check internal and outbound backlinks on your site.
3. Don’t skip out on your meta description. Think of your meta description like an email subject line. It offers a glimpse of what to expect from the content inside. So make it impossible for folks not to click. When writing a meta description aim to show what the reader will learn and plant a seed of curiosity so they’re motivated to find out.
4. Update older content and republish. Bring old posts back to center stage by updating statistics or quotes, adding new information, or refreshing any examples. And that’s all we have to say about this point.
5. Prioritize your content. This means letting your content do its job. We get it – using pop-ups and ads on ads to promote products and services is chocolate cake level of tempting. But we beg you, refrain from overwhelming your reader. Remember, people came to your site to get their own problems answered.
Read on to get examples and further explanations from DigitalMarketer!
We just came across this Google SERP tool and it certainly piqued our interest. First, did you know Google doesn’t count the meta title and description by number of characters? It actually uses pixels.
This free, length checker takes out the guesswork. It lets you create Google-friendly page titles and meta descriptions that give you a better chance at performing in Google SERPS.
Some things are generational, but racism has transcended generations throughout the US and the rest of the world. It’s up to the current generations to become educated on these matters in order to educate the younger generations.
EmbraceRace has a series of webinars dedicated to the fight against systemic racism and how it is affecting children. In this video, child psychologist, Dr. Allison Briscoe-Smith talks about supporting kids of color amid radicalized violence.
There are many ways we can learn about the issues our society faces; art, music, film, literature, etc. There is truly something for everybody when it comes to education.
Warner Bros. Entertainment offers the movie, Just Mercy, free for the month of June. There are various places to watch, including YouTube. This film offers a way to view the systemic racism that plagues the United States.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
“Racism is so universal in this country, so widespread and deep-seated, that it is invisible because it is so normal.”