A Little Pride Month History Lesson:
Gilbert Baker was the creator of the Rainbow Flag that has been adopted as a sign of inclusivity for the LGBTQ community.
The TypeWithPride initiative is a collaboration between NewFest, NYC Pride, Ogilvy, and Fontself. They created this typeface in Gilbert’s honor!
Many brands and organizations are already using it in their Pride messaging this month, so now you know the story behind the colorful font.
Top Posts of the Week
- LinkedIn gives the scoop on its algorithm
- See the latest updates for Google’s Enterprise 360 Suite Tools
- KitKat has launched an AI staring contest with virtual animals
What We Learned
Monday: The Carney team was off in observation of Memorial Day!
Tuesday: To gate or not to gate content? There are pros and cons to creating gated content, or content that is revealed in exchange for contact information. Springboard had an article to help you choose between gated vs. ungated content.
Wednesday: If your website isn’t accessible, you’re behind the times and really limiting your audience (not to mention opening yourself up to a lawsuit). While there are a lot of different levels of accessibility in the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG), here are 3 ADA best practices you should have on your site now:
- Alternative text for images and videos and sometimes even HTML blocks.
- Easy to understand information architecture with keyboard navigation.
- Accessible colors with high contrast that will look legible in grayscale or in a specific color-blindness.
Thursday: Data breaches are no joke and happening all the time. How secure is your site if you let it sit and do its thing? You have to be checking up on it. The masters at Website Builder Expert put a blog together with 7 tips to keep your website secure.
Join the Conversation
Kelly asked, “What editing platform do you all use for TikTok videos?”
Whitney posted, “Hey fabulous freelancers! PSA: Adjust your pricing based on your client. I had a writer send me her pricing the other day – $30/hour. We’re paying other freelancers $100+/hour (bc an agency would charge more). I know smaller companies might not be able to afford that rate, but please don’t leave money on the table! Help your client help you 😃”
Amy shared, “#BigGay”
Janet wrote, “Can anyone just add any company as their employer on LinkedIn? Is there any sort of verification process? A spammy account was created this week, listed our company as their employer and then sent out connection requests to like a dozen employees…are there any other steps I can do to keep this from happening In the future?”
Sponsor the Carnage
Whether you want to build brand awareness, generate qualified leads, or boost traffic, we have sponsorship options to do it up right for you.
Our audience knows us for serving up daily marketing news, digital marketing know-how, and cool tools. So if you have a piece of content or product that would benefit our readers, we wanna hear about it, too.
Cucumber Jalapeño Margarita
Just Drink Your Garden 💚
- 6 oz silver tequila
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 cucumber
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons agave nectar
- Tajín for rimming the glass
- Rim a glass with agave and Tajín.
- Place tequila and chopped jalapeño in a container and let infuse for 1 hour.
- Blend cucumber, jalapeños, orange juice, lime juice, and agave nectar until smooth.
- Strain mixture into a pitcher, discard solids, and stir in tequila.
- Pour over ice and enjoy some icy hot realness.
This recipe yields 4 servings. Found on @handmethefork‘s TikTok
Ads from the PastAds from the Past