Be in the Know
- Um, this is SWEET! Check out this fun music mixer by Ferrera’s Sweetarts where you can mix a sick beat and win a studio session with Christina Aguilera
- Jessica Biel launches a wellness brand, Kinderfams, that also donates 1% of their proceeds to global initiatives
- Supporting more sustainability, Colgate-Palmolive’s Softsoap releases soap tablets
- Luxury storefronts aren’t what they used to be and Bloomingdale’s is combating that with their new Bloomie’s retail model
Selling on LinkedIn without ads
It can feel like the finding a bunch of holy grails when organic leads actually werk for you. Thankfully, since LinkedIn is often industry specific or pinpointed by like-networks, it can do the most for you. Here’s some tips for selling on LinkedIn without paying for ads.
Tip No. 1 – Utilize Your Own Profile
- Fix up your featured section: This can include showcasing a hot link to a post or article you shared on LinkedIn, a YouTube video, blog post,
- Strategically share content: Follow some industry hashtags, find the thought leaders, share away.
Tip No. 2 – Get Your Company Page to Work
- Your banner is your friend! CTA’s and news can be put front and center.
- Use LinkedIn features: Buttons are a particularly powerful tool to use for free.
- Share the love: Your employees are some of your best LinkedIn brand ambassadors. Ask them to share content with your company tagged in it.
Tip No. 3 – Slide into the DM’s
- CAUTION COLD! No one likes out of the blue messages. So be strategic as the WHY someone would want a message from you. You have to know when they’re ready, and typically that’s after an initial action (liking a post, commenting, sharing content, etc.).
Social Media Examiner has a whole lot more of best practices and tips for LinkedIn. Check out the full article for more.
Q for You
As long as Instagram keeps “link in bio” alive, you’re gonna need somewhere to direct people that can do double or triple or even dozen-times-over duty for your links. Linkin.bio by Later is a perfect way to direct your users to links while keeping a nice organized grid of your posts. Linkin.bio has Shopify integrations and of course, it plays nice with existing Instagram features. Check it out! It’s free to use with the option to add on depending on your social needs.
Polls for Peeps
Create polls online easily and right into your emails with Scalemail polls. It’s your tool for asking questions and engaging with your audience.
Insights, feedback, and segmentation.
You can gain all of these valuable pieces of information just from opening your audience up to questions! Scalemail Polls can be easily integrated and we’ll show you how! Click below to get a demo so you can start asking your audience questions.
Dating App Delete
Hinge prides itself for being “the dating app designed to be deleted.” In their latest series of ads they take a creative approach to showing that. Users confront their profile pictures and break up with them because they’ve found someone! There are several versions in the series. Our favorite is the guy with the fish, a running joke of dating apps.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1950, 7-UP (yikes)
“The worst thing you can do as a marketer is to sound like a marketer.”
Brian D. Evans