Be in the Know
- Liquid Death and Martha Stewart have teamed up to bring you the best spooky season item
- Pizza Hut partnered with Carter’s for a merch drop of adorable baby clothes
- See the celebrities joining Jon Hamm’s Santa in the latest Fox Sports World Cup ad
- A look at 24 hours in the Metaverse
The Difference Between Owned & Borrowed Audiences
What does it mean to know, own, and engage with your audience effectively? Today, we’re going to teach you a little bit about managing two important audiences.
What is a “Borrowed” Audience?
A “borrowed” audience is your following on a platform (mainly social media) that allows you to access people indirectly. While network effects make it easier to quickly reach the masses, you’re building on someone else’s platform and do not own this list of followers.
- It’s easy and can be cheaper to tap into.
- Great for experimenting with content.
- Oversaturation – too many people posting too many things.
- You are often at the mercy of algorithms and any platform issues (we’re looking at you, Facebook).
What is an Owned Audience?
An owned (or earned) audience is the following that has given you their email address voluntarily. They have subscribed for select communication that you offer (updates, marketing, newsletters, etc.)
- Direct communication with a primed audience.
- It can be platform-agnostic – you can take your list anywhere.
- Requires more effort and risk to get started.
- It’s going to require more maintenance such as list hygiene.
No matter which audience type your brand engages more, it’s important to have a little bit of both to maintain a strong brand presence. Oftentimes you can use your borrowed audience as a way to feed your owned audience. Just be mindful of the pros and cons for each, and the changing tides of each platform.
Check out the full post at the Bootstrapped Founder’s blog for more insights and words of advice.
Content planning tools are great to organize and streamline your marketing. Content Snare can help organize campaigns and keep all of your content in one place.
It includes a whole bunch of other features like
- Automated reminders
- A platform for requests
- Approval and rejection flows
- A whole bunch of integrations
- Secure client data
Check it out to keep your email, desk, and mind clearer.
A Match Made in Heaven
Your brand + Carney’s team of top-notch designers, creatives and developers = a perfect match.
We can help you boost your branding, website, paid media and so much more.
If you’re a loyal Daily Carnage reader looking for Mr./Mrs. Right Agency, well, we’ve been here the whole time.
A Big, Beasty Ball of Nasty
This trash won’t pick up itself.
When it comes to mindful waste management, recycling is essential. Association of Municipalities in the Attica Region (EDSNA) in Greece put out this metaphorical PSA that shows how out-of-hand landfills can get in the form of a big trash monster. Everyone can help reduce that by sorting out recyclable items.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past