Q for You
Be In The Know
- Google Makes Shopping Ads Free Worldwide
- Pinterest Adds New Ad Slots, More Insights for Marketers, Ahead of the Holiday Shopping Push
- Lonely Otter at Sanctuary Finds Love Through Online Dating Site Built Just For Him
- ‘The Real Facebook Oversight Board’ launches to counter Facebook’s ‘Oversight Board’
How to Optimize Your Site for Google Carousel Results
We’re in love! We’re in love and we don’t care who knows it. Y’all, we fell for SEO like leaves during Autumn. (lol jk, we and SEO are strictly professional.)
Okay, SEO strategy is all part of the job and what typically comes to mind are keywords and rankings. Content Marketing Institute is helping us tackle a specific skill of optimizing your site for Google Carousel results.
You’ve seen these carousels. They appear as links at the top of SERPs. Carousels are common in queries where people are searching for the “best of” something (ex: computers, bikes, movies, etc.)
They won’t show for every query though. Google serves up carousels based on search intent, so looking at what populates in carousels helps you better understand the searcher and their intent.
- Video carousels may just be the easiest carousels you can optimize for. If you can create a great video matching a query, then you’re well on your way. Hosting your videos on YouTube will yield better results since Google is partial to its own video service.
- Image carousel optimization is not much different than standard image optimization. Be sure you include your target keywords in the image file name, use alt text, plus original and meaningful images as much as possible.
- Host carousels are another great option you can optimize for, but only if your content pertains to courses, movies, recipes, or restaurants. Just make sure your content piece covers only one of these categories at a time. These categories may not be a home run for you, but they might help you get acquainted with this format for when more categories are allowed.
Give carousel optimization a try and read on for more great tips. And just for fun, while you have your iPhone in hand, search your target query for carousels.
Putting together the content to proudly display in Google Carousels has never been easier. Content creation tools are bountiful and we love sharing new tools. Renderforest is an excellent tool for videos and much more.
If you have a script put together, just choose your preferred template and customize it with text, screenshots, images, etc. Most of the work is already done, so you’ll have a brand new piece of content to run in no time.
If you’re like us, having something in the background while working makes for a more productive time. If you want to change things up from blasting music or binging reruns of The Office, you’ll want to check out Explore.
Live video offers a window into the current reality of another person or scene. These animal and nature cams from Explore will put a smile on your face.
Get Your Quarters Ready
As we embrace new trends, technologies, and styles, many of us still remember the past fondly. Some things trigger memories that take us back in time. Oh, childhood memories. Nothing beats the simple times like impressing friends with our running man dance while wearing overalls and jelly sandals.
California Lottery gives us this ad featuring a favorite arcade game for many generations. With the introduction of Pac-Man Scratchers, this crew of 80’s die-hards is sent right back to the past. Featuring killer bike tricks and more!
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1940s, Pan-American Coffee Bureau
Happy International Coffee Day!
“You can never go wrong by investing in communities and the human beings within them.”