Be in the Know
- Netflix released some recent viewer data that revealed some interesting entertainment consumption (we won’t judge if you enjoyed Too Hot to Handle)
- You can enter to win this cool Blue Moon hourglass pint glass that celebrates happy hour at any hour
- It’s still hard to tell how seriously to take cryptocurrency and Axe body spray is playing into that with their “Dogecans” giveaway inspired by Dogecoin
- Visa is doing a subtle brand refresh using decades of brand equity and has a new digital commerce campaign
The Value of High-Velocity Marketing
How “fast” is your customer experience? Marketing has to be a timely dance nowadays for how immediate inquiries, comments, emails, DMs are. Not to mention, the internet never sleeps, and neither do things that can go wrong (Sorry, we’re not trying to keep you up at night anymore than you already are).
Here is the run down of doing Rick Bobby fast marketing (hint: it’s about being prepared):
- Understanding your “Speed of CX”: It’s the measurement for how quickly you can deliver new or highly appropriate content and service.
- Pick the right platform: A high-velocity content process means getting technology that can support it. Immediate responses are a new standard, but there are plenty of ways to deliver that without your team losing sleep.
- Utilize segments and personas: Make them as identifiable as possible for the best individual experiences. It’s a lot of work up front to make your custom messaging more efficient.
- Funnel Vision: Understand your most important journeys across your customer funnels. Where can time to market be reduced? Map out content to make sure your boat is free of holes for smooth sailing.
If you’re not first…you’re not last. But when you market at high velocity, you gain a competitive advantage. This may seem like a given, but reducing time to market on products or deploying content quickly means getting that marketing finders fee.
We want to stress that faster is not always better. And we’ve all seen that too many hot potato turnarounds can lead to burnout. Read more on high-velocity marketing tips in CIO’s piece and the featured case study.
Q for You
Death to Stock 🔪
Death to Stock. It’s a pretty literal name. Un-stockify your stock photos because we all know that they’re boring! This artist-owned co-op is a resource for unique photos and videos to add to your creative. We’ve seen the sins before of the same stock models used over and over again. Avoid it with new work added each month!
Sponsored spots in The Daily Carnage is your chance to show an audience of marketers and brands your best stuff.
Tools, tactics, tips, case studies, what do you got? We love sharing fresh things with our readers to keep them the sharpest marketers int he room.
Don’t know what would fit your piece of content best? Hit us up! We’re flexible.
This fever dream of an ad from Mattress Firm is somewhere we’ve all been. Fogs, forgetfulness, and funky thoughts. They’re all results of a janky night of sleep. Liev Schreiber narrates this odd slumber journey and all in the hopes of making you reconsider what mattress you’re trusting your best sleep with.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
“Have no fear of perfection—you’ll never reach it.”