Be in the Know
- Instagram Chief Adam Mosseri shares the platform’s three key priorities for 2023.
- Cheez-It has inked its first-ever name, image and likeness (NIL) deals with four college football athletes for it’s “Feelin’ the Cheeziest” campaign.
- OpenAI plans to introduce a watermarking feature to make content authored by ChatGPT easy to detect.
- H&R Block is reimagining tax season as a celebratory time of year in its new “It’s Tax Season” campaign, which targets TurboTax by name.
Know Your Social Stats
What were the top challenges faced by social media managers last year? Keeping up with the algorithm, navigating new features, and fighting that shrinking organic reach. It can be hard to prove ROI to clients and managers, despite what we know to be true. So, here are a few powerful, platform-specific stats to have on hand:
- Instagram users spend an average of 30 minutes on the app a day, and 81% of them are researching products and services with all that time.
- TikTok‘s 1 billion monthly users spend a whopping 95 minutes daily on the app, where they’re engaging at a rate of 17.96%.
- Twitter is still hot with millennials (this 😂 emoji is the most used). Despite ongoing chaos, new user sign-ups were at an all-time high in November ’22—and 30% of users are hoping to see more brands on their feeds.
- LinkedIn posts sees 15x more content impressions than job postings, and 6 people are hired from this platform every minute.
Check out HeyOrca to dive into the full scope of stats from 2022.
Q for You
Need a powerful, multitrack production and video editing tool that’s simple enough for your intern to use? Descript lets you edit by script and scene, transform recordings into studio-quality audio, and instantly purge voiceovers of “um” and “uh.” Descript’s AI can even clone your voice so you can add words in post. With a full gallery of video templates, premium stock media, and tons of features to play with, you can start executing your video strategy ASAP.
Digital Dynamos 🔥
The Daily Carnage is for marketers, by marketers, produced daily by your friends at Carney.
We’re a full-service agency as dynamic as the digital landscape.
Let’s chat about your next project.
These days, when it comes to casual photography, you can get by with a just a smartphone. At least, that’s what the smartphone commercials would have you believe. But Canon breaks the fourth wall to gently remind us that the tech trusted to capture the commercial itself is… you guessed it: “A Masterpiece Camera.”
Ads from the PastAds from the Past