Do Ya Know?
Top Posts of the Week
- Hugo Boss launched a rebranding campaign with Kendall Jenner, Future, Lee Min-ho, Hailey Bieber, and Khaby Lame
- Dove released a campaign about race-based hair discrimination to raise awareness about the CROWN Act
- Folger’s new “Anthem” campaign doesn’t give a damn about its reputation
- Get your Valentine these Sweetheart Crocs to show them it’s real
What We Learned
Monday: Local marketing is all about getting products or services in front of people in a specific area. For inspiration on how to do it for your own business or client, learn from the best. Marvio had a blog post with 15 Examples of Brands with Great Local Marketing Campaigns (our favorite was Nike’s).
Tuesday: HubSpot wrote an article explaining how to build a brand architecture. Brand architecture is your structure to your offerings and brand identity(ies). But not all foundations are the same. In the article, they gave real brand examples and details on each step towards your own brand architecture.
Wednesday: When an ad comes from a creator’s handle, people click it because it doesn’t look like an outright advertisement. #paid gave all the reasons why and how to leverage creator platforms for your brand. The benefits of using creator licensing platforms include handling things behind-the-scenes, creating ad sets quickly, and driving ROAS.
Thursday: Pump the breaks! Social media moves fast, so sometimes it can feel like if you don’t move on it, you’ll miss the train. But your strategy needs to take time to understand your goals and audience first. Inc. wrote an article for all the 5 critical things to do before creating brand accounts.
Join the Conversation
Bren shared, “I just have to Okta into Asana”
Amanda posted, “I’ve always wondered, in the age of the internet why in the world would anyone want a catalog?” (we discovered a lot of die-hard catalog lovers in the comments)
Julia asked, “I was told recently by an expert boosting Facebook posts isn’t worth it…take the same content and make an ad. Thoughts?”
Courtney wrote, “My org is hosting a large meeting for our team members from across the country. Our last one was over the top amazing. I’m brainstorming some creative ideas to keep everyone’s attention and engage throughout the two days. Any ideas or experiences that you loved at large-scale events? 💡”
Ready, Set, Ask!
You see our polls and questions that we ask you within our newsletter? You can add that to your email, too!
Scalemail Polls is a polling system that can be integrated into your existing email or site. It’s a great way to learn more about audience, gain insights, and make your newsletter more engaging.
Wanna see how it happens? We’ll show you!
A Combo Mambo: Tequila, Beer, and Citrus
- 3/4 oz. fresh grapefruit juice
- 3/4 oz. fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz. agave nectar
- 2 Tbsp. red pepper jelly
- 1 1/2 oz. tequila Blanco
- 12-oz. chilled lager beer
- 1 lime wedge (for serving)
- Combine grapefruit juice, lime juice, agave, and jelly in a cocktail shaker filled with ice and shake until incorporated, 15–20 seconds.
- Add tequila and shake 10 seconds longer.
- Fill a tall glass to the top with ice. Pour in beer just to fill the glass halfway.
- Strain grapefruit mixture into a glass.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
Recipe by Bon Appetite
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
Which soft drink brand is the oldest?
a. Dr. Pepper
Here’s the order those brands were founded:
1885 – Dr. Pepper
1886 – Coca-Cola
1893 – Pepsi (as Brad’s Drink)
1919 – IBC Root Beer