Q for You
Be In The Know
- TikTok Stars Win Injunction Against White House Executive Order, Keeping the App Running the US
- WordPress Update Fiasco
- The Companies That Know the Most About You Based on App Data [Infographic]
- How to Choose the Best Hosting Company for Your WordPress Website [Infographic]
We Love Instagram Stories. Here are 20 Tricks and Features.
Y’all, who doesn’t love a good story? We’re immediately drawn into fictional tales of adventure and inspiring true recollections. It doesn’t matter if it’s around the campfire, within the pages of a book, or on-screen. A great story captivates us.
Anyone can be a storyteller. And building your audience has never been easier. It’s no wonder so many social media channels have dedicated “Stories” features within them. Kicking off this week is Hootsuite with Instagram Story hacks: 20 tricks and features you should know.
- Fill the background with a solid color. Everything has its defaults. From our choice of breakfast foods to the standard gradient on Instagram Stories. Hit that draw icon and color the screen any way you’d like. Change it up and add some variety to your Stories.
- Create a “revealing” story series. The magic is in the reveal. Color over the image you wish to share. Then erase a little bit of the paint, revealing part of the image underneath. Save the image to your camera roll. Keep erasing portions and saving the increasingly-revealed image. Then post the reveal sequence to your Story.
- Hide hashtags and @mentions. Sometimes you just don’t want any clutter, but you still need the mentions. Start your story with hashtags and mentions. Then hit the sticker button. Find your camera roll in the sticker viewer and select the image you want to share. Enlarge the image so it obscures your #s and @s. Voila!
- Express yourself with even more fonts. More fonts are available than you may realize if you know where to look. Paste in fonts from Instagram Font Generator (check out our Tools section for more info), or design your Story in Photoshop and enjoy a vast font collection. However, our design team says, “don’t go crazy there, chief.”
There’s more to the story, so keep reading for more tricks and detailed how-tos.
Instagram Fonts Generator
Having a unified brand across channels is crucial. You want your customers, prospects, and followers to always recognize your content when they see it. Limited font options on Instagram can make brand expression tricky. Luckily, you can expand your options with Instagram Fonts Generator.
Just type your text into the website and see the font choices generated below. There is an array of fonts to choose from. Some cleaner, and some a bit more experimental. Choose whichever speaks most to your brand.
Work With Us
Looking to kickoff or revamp your own Instagram or other social media channels? Just throw us an @ and #letstalk.
(Or just click below.)
You Can Sense It. You Can Stop It.
Our jobs don’t typically pose the same safety risks you’ll find on construction sites, in warehouses, or factories. Unless you’re talking about our mental health safety when you find a broken link in your email newsletter. Ahem. But we know safety is still important. It’s necessary to take precautions and practice fire drills and check smoke detectors.
WorkSafe New Zealand released this ad all about workplace safety. Unbeknownst to this warehouse employee, he almost meets his end due to a falling box. Luckily, his team spots some questionable forklift technique at play.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
“Great execution is the ultimate differentiator.”