Top Posts of the Week
- Dyson releases design concepts for new e-bike (it’s as sleek as you’d imagine)
- Kendall Jenner launched a tequila brand and facing some backlash on potential cultural appropriation in latest ad
- Auntie Anne’s opens first drive-thru store combined with Jamba as mall and fast food brands adapt
- Coke is a poet, we bet you didn’t know it. Coca-Cola uses feel-good poetry for this year’s summer packaging
What We Learned
Monday: CROOW covered on successful operations and tips from their free eBook, Level Up: Management Secrets to Create an Agile and Growing Services Organization. They gave us several great places to start, but for delivering the best possible service from your business, you have to:
- Set standards
- Align your team
- Train your team
- Measure all the good stuff
The full eBook provides ready-to-use checklists and tools. What more could you ask for?
Tuesday: Automation and chatbots are at the forefront of real-time, conversational marketing. Forbes gave us the best methods in How To Incorporate Conversational AI To Improve Customer Experiences. The five factors for utilizing AI are:
- Organizations will need to structure content based on user data
- Finding robust robotic process automation (RPA) is essential
- Be sure your technology platforms play nice together
- Figure out if start-to-finish automation methods are what you need
- Like all things marketing, a hybrid approach should be used
Wednesday: The Forbes Agency Council gave their top Eight Ways To Ensure Gated Content Reaches The Right Audiences. Our favorite pieces of advice were:
- Mixing your gated and ungated content to both support your linking strategy and build a strong content journey for your users.
- Offering to send gated content via email or text directly builds trust with your user as an exchange rather than a basic form and redirect.
- Repurpose your content into multiple channels by breaking it up into smaller pieces such as a blog series or social posts.
Thursday: PerformanceIN gave us a dummy-proof breakdown in their Apple and Google Privacy Updates: the Impact on Influencer and Affiliate Marketing. The big takeaways being:
- The Apple privacy update introduces new requirements where users will have to Opt IN to allow data collection.
- In early 2022, Google Chrome will phase out support for third-party cookies affecting two main areas: audience targeting and conversion tracking.
- First-party tracking technology will be the new standard for influencer or affiliate marketing platforms to be privacy compliant.
Join the Conversation
Andrea wrote, “I would love to pick your brains about offering perks for students that refer new students to my business. […] I’m wondering if I should start tracking how many people students are referring to me and offer them some sort of thank you discount?”
Charlie asked, “Has anyone here tried a digital detox? How was it?”
Sarah posted, “My CMO likes to receive a weekly report from me with updates on my week, project statuses, team activities, and development updates. […] Looking for some thoughts/ideas to recommend to her so she remains updated the way she likes AND isn’t so time-consuming for me to put together.”
Renee said, “We’re a small D2C brand that would like to host a giveaway for email lead generation with a few other brands. What are your favorite platforms to manage this? Thank you!”
Everything you got
Tactics, tools, tips, we want it all.
If you own content or tools that The Daily Carnage readers could totally use, we want to share it.
We have a variety of options for sponsorships, so let’s talk about sharing your stuff.
Just a Classic Lemon Drop, Baby
- 3 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- 1/2-1 ounce simple syrup or to taste
- Sugar and lemon twist for garnish
- Queue up this song to play 15 times in a row.
- Place a few tablespoons of sugar on a plate. Run a slice of lemon around the edge of a martini glass. Dip the glass upside down in the sugar to coat the rim.
- Add all ingredients to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake, then strain into martini glass.
- Garnish with a lemon twist to feel extra.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
What is the origin of the word “spam” in regards to email?