Top Posts of the Week
- Los Angeles got a new logo for their tourism branding, and it’s 80’s, vaper wave, radical paper cup, realness
- Oatly bought not one but two billboards in New Zealand and we would love to know who read the whole thing because there’s a local giveaway somewhere in there
- Luxury storefronts aren’t what they used to be and Bloomingdale’s is combating that with their new Bloomie’s retail model
- Coca-Cola Zero Sugar is getting a packaging rebrand as well as a recipe change, and Coke Zero fans are upset about it
What We Learned
Monday: As with any live experience, you should have an agenda, choose your panelists wisely, and hype the live session beforehand. Forbes specifically talked about Instagram Live Rooms and how to use ‘em!
Tuesday: Weeding through software, plug-ins, and browser tools sucks. AdWeek gave the goods for getting started when it comes to building out your Mar-Tech stack. They covered a lot of ground on catering tools and goals to your specific needs.
Wednesday: Social media policies are essential to any company with employees online. So…all of them. SHRM gave the ground rules for How to Create an Effective Social Media Policy.
Thursday: LinkedIn can be a great place for cultivating strong leads. Social Media Examiner gave us the scoop on selling on LinkedIn without ads. The big tips:
- Utilize Your Own Profile
- Take Advantage of Spots on Your Company Page
- Use Direct Messages Carefully
Join the Conversation
Erin posted, “OK friends…I think I might have found my stupid hill to die on. This is not an SEO question. This is a legibility/readability/rememberability/Engagability (shut up they’re words) question. Vanity URLs: title case or not title case?”
Michelle wrote, “Just found this group (in comments) by chance, and thought it might be fun to find out what the nichest Facebook group is that you blong to or know of.” and the comments are GOLDEN
Jade shared, “Love the “we’re sorry or you’re welcome” it covers all sides” when it comes to this Twitter update:
Rosalyn asked, “My first employee starts next week and this is my first-time managing someone. Any advice for being a good manager?”
Need a Jump?
Give your posts a boost of engagement juice with a spot in The Daily Carnage!
Our readers love learning about new marketing tools and tactics. What do you got for ’em? Share your best stuff and put in front of thousands of marketers.
Let’s talk! We have plenty of spots to choose from to place your piece of content or tool.
Orange you glad you have vodka?
- 4 cups orange soda
- Vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup whipped cream vodka
- Add orange soda, 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream and vodka to blender.
- Blend it up until smooth.
- To serve, add one scoop of vanilla ice cream to each glass.
- Pour orange creamsicle mixture over ice cream.
- Go to town!
Recipe from Happy-Go-Lucky
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1957, Pacific Color
What was Apple’s very first logo?
c. Sir Isaac Newton sitting with an apple. (it’s some nerd shtuff)