Be in the Know
- Twitter is adjusting its redesign and custom font for better accessibility after user complaints
- Louisiana-based Waitr lost out its name battle with California-based Waiter, the online delivery services have territory and name terms to settle
- Add Spritz Society to the carbonated alcoholic beverage list, the brand launched canned Spritz cocktails
- Old Navy is offering their clothes in all sizes ranging from XS-4X, no longer separating out “plus-sized” clothes
The Final Frontier: Space Marketing
While this idea for space marketing is nothing new, it’s definitely here and here to stay. The advancement of technology is the obvious reason, but commercial space travel and space tourism as a whole is going to be the huge reason why marketing in space is going to grow exponentially.
NASA has had a policy that prohibits any outside branding or advertisements on its equipment, but space isn’t as exclusive as it used to be. Major players like Virgin Galactic, SpaceX, United Launch Alliance, and Blue Origin are all racing hot and heavy to become the biggest names of space marketing.
Though still budding, space tourism is moving fast! So where will that take branding, brand partnerships, galactic marketing? Here are brands already launching space marketing campaigns:
- Pizza Hut sends a salami pizza to the ISS in 2001. Making it the first pizza to be delivered to space.
- NASA has made their own fragrance, and Travis Scott partnering with Breydo to make cosmic scents.
- Miller Lite sends off their seltzer in a (CGI-based) rocket.
- Tenga, the adult toy company, is planning to send a rocket of their own.
- Orbital Assembly Corporation’s Voyager Station, a space hotel, is set to be completed in 2027.
- NASA has done a number of collaborations (Converse, Vans, G-Shock, to name a few) and we see it becoming the norm for space attire as Under Armor is Virgin Galactic‘s official apparel partner.
See more examples of brands that have already gotten started in the space market on HypeBeast’s list of examples.
Q for You
Could you use that in a sentence, please?
If you’ve ever needed a copywriting boost using a particular word, WordHippo has your back. Inspiration for headlines, subject lines, call outs, or just overall sentence help are a click away. Enter a word, see the results, and reuse them as you see fit! Even better, you can use WordHippo to find rhymes, synonyms, and even anagrams.
Want to be a part of Space History?
As space travel becomes more accessible, you can be a part of its growing history. Virgin Galactic is launching their FIRST Virgin Galactic commercial spaceflights.
Through Omaze sweepstakes, you could win a trip to space for yourself (and a guest)! The trip includes:
- A Virgin Galactic spaceflight.
- A guided tour of Spaceport America by Sir Richard Branson himself
- Travel accommodations to New Mexico!
Entering helps support Space for Humanity’s mission to expand access to space, train our leaders of tomorrow and contribute to a culture of interconnectedness. By sending citizens to space, Space for Humanity will cultivate a global network of transformational leaders in the efforts to create a sustainable future for us all.
We See You 👀
Now get seen by the entire Daily Carnage audience.
We are a newsletter made by marketers, read by marketers. So tools, tactics, tips, tricks, are all welcome here. Got one of your own? Let’s get it seen!
Give us a buzz and we can talk sponsored spots in The Daily Carnage.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1967, Ohio Art
“Look at usual things with unusual eyes.”