Be in the Know
- ICYMI: Twitter is getting rid of Fleets, and announced it in a nonchalant tweet
- What do you think? Actor Idris Elba makes a case for verification on social media, not just celebrities
- Gibson names Lzzy Hale as their first female brand ambassador with some sick guitar releases as well
- You would never expect “culture” and “Pornhub” to be in the same sentence, but Pornhub now has made an interactive guide to nude, classical art around the world to celebrate museums
14 Ways to Use Instagram Stories for Business
Stories are everywhere: Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn (RIP Twitter Fleets). Have you been incorporating them into your social strategy? Hopper gave us 14 ways to give you some inspiration with Instagram Stories. Here are our top favorites:
- Announcements: Stories for announcements are perfect because they are time sensitive. Countdowns, hype ups, and behind the scenes can all be put in your stories in anticipation for something. It makes an audience feel like they have the inside scoop with your content.
- Highlights: These are amazing for brands because they act as an extension of your bio as quick call outs for products and news. They’re customizable and cool. If you haven’t added highlights to your Instagram, go through your existing stories for content or start thinking of a posting strategy to make them.
- Polls & Questions: Market research, customer feedback, or just to get to know your audience and have a bit of fun with Instagram’s two-option polls or get directly typed answers to a question. Both of these are great ways to add some engagement to your audience.
- Going Live: We covered last week all about the beauty of Live Rooms. Going live on your stories is great for a lot of reasons as far as engagement and the format itself, but a huge benefit is placement. When you go live, Instagram notifies your audience and puts your story spot at the top of the list.
Hopper, a social media management tool, has 10 more ways to utilize Instagram Stories. Check it out for examples and more inspiration.
Q for You
It’s probably an answer you hear on video chats a lot: “mmhmm” or a dry “yeah.” Spice up your video calls with with custom effects, backgrounds, and animations from Mmhmm. It’s an app that lets you do all that and design presentations as well. It plays with all your favorites: Zoom, Google Meet, the web apps for Microsoft Teams, Webex, and Slack. There’s a free version and premium features, so try it out on your next call!
The Daily Carnage is a talented community of marketers with sharp skills, so we created Sharp Jobs to connect the dots.
Are you looking for a new opportunity? Is your company hiring? Give us the deets and we’ll list it.
Visit carney.co/sharp-jobs/ to post or discover new job opportunities.
Budweiser has been a long standing NBA sponsor. This ad celebrates the culture of basketball and the fans that love it. The ad walks you through several pop-culture moments in history outside of basketball as well. Something to appreciate, the subtle flashes of Budweiser branding throughout.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
“Remember that ‘social’ implies you’re giving something useful to the audience.”