Be in the Know
- See how Burger King is getting in the spooky spirit with its Ghost Pepper Whopper 👻
- 5 tips for improving SEO on your images [Infographic]
- Check out the latest updates to Reddit’s Ad Manager
- Tyson has a new Twitch show called “Chicken and a Video Game” which streams, you guessed it, chicken and a video game
The Power of Captions
Closed captions are not just well-loved, they are expected. On top of being a must-have for people with hearing loss, they help anyone better understand what they are watching.
The Quick Stats:
- In a survey of about 1,200 Americans, 70% of adult Gen Z respondents said they watch content with text most of the time.
- 53% of millennial respondents said they watch content with text most of the time.
- For Netflix, the number of people accessing captions has more than doubled since 2017.
So now that you know people are using them, let’s get into the why and how.
Some Reasons People Love Captions:
- To learn a language, decipher a heavy accent.
- They allow you to get creative (placement, descriptions, emojis, etc.)
- To completely understand muttered dialogue.
- To watch content in shared spaces without disturbing others.
Turning On Captions:
- YouTube, Facebook, TikTok, Snapchat, and Instagram have automatic or auto-generated captions.
- You can always go manual with “open captions” if you wanna add your own spice to it.
- Apple has a Live Captions feature for any audio, even FaceTime.
Check out more information and testimonials about using captions in this article from the Wall Street Journal.
Smash or Pass?
Have an influencer marketing campaign on your roadmap? Hypetrain is a full-cycle platform that empowers any size business to quickly find perfect-match creators from all corners of the world. Hypetrain is NOT just about picking the right influencer from YouTube and Instagram. It helps to automate the whole journey through the use of big data analytics and AI algorithms.
All in one place you can browse through a whole influencer database, see stats about their performance, manage campaigns, DM with influencers, and share insights with teammates in a collaborative workspace. They are constantly adding new features and social platforms (TikTok is coming soon).
P.S. Good news is that Hypetrain offers access to all features for FREE until the end of November! Grab it while it’s hot!
Looking for a Spotlight?
Interested in a Daily Carnage sponsorship? Show us your stuff!
We love delivering helpful, time-saving, day-making tools and techniques to our readers. Do you have a piece of content that could help them out, too?
Hit us up to see what sponsorship options we have for your content.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past