Be in the Know
- Facebook currency is happening. Here’s everything you need to know about Libra.
- Thanks, iOS new feature. Next time you delete an app, you’ll be prompted to cancel your subscription. #APennySaved
- Wixen, the music publishing company is not backing down against Pandora. Wixen is claiming Pandora knowingly showed Tom Petty lyrics.
- YouTube is stepping up its AR game. Beauty Try-On lets viewers virtually try on makeup while watching reviews.
How to Write a Great Email Signature
If you’re anything like the average office worker, you’re sending out about 40 emails per day.
Think about this…
40 emails per day equal 40 opportunities to market yourself.
So, how do you market yourself through email?
Your email signature.
More often than not, our signatures are an afterthought.
Here are a few ways to create a better email signature:
- Focus on your name, affiliation, and secondary contact information: Your name should always come first. Following your name is your affiliation, which could be your job title, your employer, school, etc. Depending on the context of your signature, consider adding your personal website or phone number.
- Don’t go crazy with color: There’s nothing wrong with a pop of color to stand out, but try to keep it simple by sticking to one or two.
- Include a call-to-action: Your email signature should always include a CTA. It shouldn’t be salesy or pushy, but it should intrigue people to click through. Update your CTA on the regular.
- Track your links: Always be tracking. Head over to Bitly.com and create some custom links to see if folks are clicking through.
- Let people book time on your calendar directly from your signature: If you spend a lot of time booking meetings, consider adding a scheduling link.
Alright, you got some work to do. Hubspot offers a free email signature generator if you’re looking for an assist. Check it out here.
Today’s tool is a winner!
We’ve used a bunch of mind mapping tools over the years, but none have worked as fluid as Whimsical.
Whimsical allows you to organize ideas fast and lets your team collaborate in real time.
Give it a try (for free).
Refer a friend,
get free stuff.
Scroll to the bottom.
Tesla Pickup Truck
Popular YouTuber, Simone Giertz turns her Tesla into a Truckla.
You may need to save this video for later as it’s tad long but certainly entertaining.