Do Ya Know
Top Posts of the Week
- Plant-based brand Just Egg addresses egg shortage caused by bird flu in new campaign — an example of how to communicate amid global challenges.
- Half of the content consumed across Meta’s platforms is now video content.
- What… happened with the new Ant-Man 3 posters?
What We Learned
Tuesday: There’s a formula to optimize your Facebook Ad Offers. Be clear about the desired action you want users to take, make sure your ads are relevant to your buyer personas, sprinkle in a sense of urgency or exclusivity, and focus your storytelling on the transformation buyers can expect from your product or service.
Wednesday: The art of viral video is mysterious. Still, there are some consistent metrics that viral videos have in common, namely: run time, character count in title, high production value, a little song and dance, and something to laugh (or scream) about.
Thursday: Google is prioritizing experience now, in addition to expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness (E-E-A-T). To demonstrate first-hand, real-world experience in your content, try polling your audience for feedback on what readers consider your expertise to be. Next, decide on a central profile where you’ll consolidate your author expertise signals, like LinkedIn or Twitter. Don’t forget to do a site search review to make sure you’re yielding high-quality news results that meet journalistic standards.
Join The Conversation
Kristin asked, “Email marketers, what tools do you use to keep your lists and data clean?”
Lisa shared a poll to rank Hootsuite alternatives.
Jolene asked, “I’m wondering if anyone else has ADHD and if you have any productivity tips?”
This meme that Steve shared in our Facebook Group this week is a live look at marketing teams everywhere just months ahead of the big switch.
If you’re not exactly looking forward to all of GA4’s new data collection complexities, software security, and multi-device accessibility — you’re not alone.
Our team of data pros at Carney can help make the transition easier, so you can back away from the bulletin board.
Mocktail: Peppermint White Russian
We’re sharing mocktails all month long for our friends who participate in Dry January.
- 2 ounces strong brewed coffee
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 ounces heavy cream or a little more to fill the glass
- 1 peppermint stick optional garnish
- Fill the glass with ice and pour the brewed cold coffee over.
- Add vanilla and peppermint extracts.
- “Float” cream over the coffee. Stir very gently, add a peppermint stick as a garnish.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
Becker’s Milk, 1987
Did Ya Know?
Answer: Bugs Bunny! The “Hare Jordan” laces up his Nikes on the court with Michael Jordan in this 1992 Super Bowl ad.