Be in the Know
- In preparation for Halloween candy season, Butterfinger released a new campaign that includes an investigation on candy theft
- Check out The Verge’s rebrand which includes a completely new site design and brand identity 👀
- See what’s changing in Google’s September 2022 core update that will be implemented in the next few weeks
- Jersey Mike’s latest promotion features Danny Devito (a New Jersey native)
6 Key Steps for Designing a B2B Email Campaign
Getting your ducks in a row for email marketing can be made easier when you have action items to check off your list. Here are some key things to keep in mind when it comes to B2B emails of all kinds.
STEP #1: Profile Your Target Customers. It’s an exercise many brands skip, but when targeting a particular B2B company, you’re really targeting that company’s buying center. Set up an ideal customer profile (ICP) for each group in a buying center such as:
- Initiators – the first people at a company who become aware of and interested in you.
- Users – the people who will be using your product day-to-day.
- Buyers – the people who handle the logistics and administrative aspects of a potential purchase.
- Deciders – the people who ultimately decide whether or not to approve the buyers’ purchase.
- Gatekeepers – the people who control the flow of information to and from other groups.
- Influencers – the rest of the possible users within an organization.
STEP #2: Think Like a Buyer. Put yourself into the mindset of each member of your target customer’s buying center in order to better understand what kinds of emails fit each role. The more customized your emails are to your targets’ actual needs, the more effective they’ll be.
STEP #3: Use Email Segmentation. So you did the legwork in the first two steps to understand custom messaging and separating your product information … make sure to send emails appropriately. Utilize email segmentation tools to send content that’s customized to their interests and needs.
STEP #4: Plan Your Campaign in Stages. By planning your campaign around the stages of the customer journey, you can ensure that your emails are relevant not only to who your target is and where they are at in a journey. To review, those basic stages are: awareness, consideration, decision-making, retention, and advocacy.
STEP #5: Use Templates. We’re not talking about pre-built templates from your email platform. Build a library of distinct templates for each type of email you send using the same brand elements across them. Building high-quality templates is a labor of love, but it’s worth it for your email-building process.
STEP #6: Save time by automating. If you did Step #3 correctly, the automation portion of your email marketing should have everything it needs to work effectively. With a robust tagging system, you can target hyper-specific audiences.
Check out the full article by Zapier for helpful graphics on these strategies, landing page advice, and stellar email examples from other brands.
Q for You
Learn 6 Proven B2B Marketing Strategies
What happens when strong partnerships, cross-channel strategies, and compelling content come together in a B2B marketing campaign?
✅ Happier customers.
✅ Higher revenue.
✅ A healthier bottom line.
Get an in-depth look into six successful B2B marketing campaigns across a wide range of industries. In this ebook, you’ll learn:
- Tips for inspiring your own strategy.
- How to make the most of every campaign.
- Key takeaways from each story on how you can apply their tactics to your own strategy.
Partner with The Daily Carnage
It starts with your brand goals, whether it’s pushing brand awareness with blog content, boosting credibility with a freebie, or supplementing your leads.
It ends with us coming up with a placement strategy that fits everyone’s needs.
The Daily Carnage community is loyal, engaging, and has a dedicated love for furthering their skills in marketing. So we’re always looking for tools and tips to give them for all things marketing.
Let’s talk to see the spots we have available!
What makes a home a home? People, for sure. Comfort, definitely.
But you won’t be able to do that without the right furniture. Furniture pieces are what gives your space the personality and utlity it needs to actually live in. Check out this sweet ad by IKEA Canada that stops time as a protagonist proudly brings his home to life. It tells the small stories behind each furniture addition and how they’re influenced by the people in his life.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past