Be in the Know
- Is a TikTok ban back on the table? The platform has paused its U.S. security deal amid reports of alleged spying.
- Four major TV networks have formed the Joint Industry Committee (JIC) to establish cross-platform measurement solutions for streaming video.
- Here’s how long it takes for a site to become eligible to rank again after content issues are fixed, according to Google.
- Doritos is inviting fans to share their best triangle-inspired dance on TikTok for a chance to “Crash the Super Bowl.”
8 Content Marketing Stats to Know
Content marketing — the creating and sharing of relevant and entertaining text-based, video, and audio content to attract and retain a defined audience — is an indispensable part of any digital marketing and SEO strategy for businesses big and small. By now, everyone knows it. But we love data around here. So what’s the math behind the strategy? Here are some top stats to consider:
- Everyone’s doing it. 73% of B2B marketers and 70% of B2C marketers use content marketing as part of their overall marketing strategy.
- Shooting from the hip? Just 40% of B2B marketers have a documented content marketing strategy; 33% have an undocumented strategy, and 27% have no strategy at all.
- It’s hard to keep up. Half of all marketers say they outsource some content marketing.
- Take your time. 83% of marketers believe it’s more effective to create higher quality content less often.
- Word count counts. Short content (300–900 words) attracts 21% less traffic and 75% fewer backlinks than articles of average length (900–1200 words).
- Distill your message. Buyers are willing to spend 5 minutes or less consuming most content formats.
- More for less. Content marketing generates 3x as many leads as traditional outbound marketing but costs 62% less.
- What’s your budget? 22% of B2B marketers said they spent 50% or more of their total marketing dollars on content marketing.
So, how do you stack up? When you build a documented strategy, produce high-quality content, distribute it on the right channels, and provide consistent value to your customers, you can triple your returns.
Check out 22 more content marketing statitics at Search Engine Journal.
Pexels lets you easily create products and designs with completely free, high-quality stock photos. Pexels media is handpicked and tagged by users or sourced from free image websites. The best part is that you don’t need to create an account to get started.
Show Us Your Stuff
Think you’ve got some content worth sharing with our growing community of marketing professionals?
Send it over! We’ll spotlight your tool or tactic—or we’ll create a custom spot for your content to shine.
Diptyque, a luxury fragrance brand, is known for its Art Noveau-inspired packaging and high-end scents. To celebrate the highly anticipated launch of its limited-edition Do Son collection, Diptyque has tapped the Werlen Meyer creative studio for this immersive, animated short film set in Halong Bay, Vietnam, and scored by James Blake. Inspired by one of the brand’s founders, the film explores the dreamy inspiration behind the iconic Do Son fragrance.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past