Be in the Know
- 10 Facebook Statistics Every Business Owner & Marketer Should Know In 2021 [Infographic]
- Cheat sheet: Facebook, Google, Twitter CEOs signal support for content moderation rules in Section 230 reform
- Social media spend study shows digital marketing’s Covid ‘resiliency’ one year on
- Maryland’s digital ad tax may be a constitutional overreach
9 Tactical Video SEO Tips to Improve Your Content Performance
How many of you think you could walk across a balance beam a thousand feet in the air? Don’t worry, we’re not going to put you to the test. But what if the beam was on the ground. A bit easier now, huh? (But maybe not after happy hour…)
Something similar occurs for digital marketers. We have tons of best practices and general rules to follow and we become masters of them. But then we take on something a little more unfamiliar and it can feel like an entirely different game despite following many of the same rules. Case in point: SEO vs. video SEO. Check out the lowdown from Wistia on video SEO with 9 tactical tips to improve your content performance.
- Video titles matter. Maybe you already have the perfect title. Maybe you don’t. 🤷♀️ That’s okay. The point is, you should be thinking about a video title. While the file “client_video_FINAL_complete_4” tells you what the video is, others won’t have the slightest clue. Be sure to change the title to something other than the file name.
- A thumbnail that screams ‘pick me’. Remember the days of hopping in the car with the fam and picking out a movie at Blockbuster? It was always much more exciting to see the actual movie cover rather than just a generic Blockbuster logo with a title. Your video thumbnails need to entice people to click. Put together an image that isn’t just a screenshot from a section of your video and make it easily viewable at 116 x 65 pixels.
- Create a video sitemap. Google was made to crawl websites to find and index content to match with relevant queries. Whenever you upload a new video that will appear on your site, be sure to include a sitemap. This tells Google what the video is and can help indicate which other content it’s relevant to.
Keep reading for 6 more tips.
Q for You
How cool is it that people can express themselves with their fingernails? Fingernails! There are a zillion different colors, patterns, and embellishments you can add. It’s no wonder video and image previews use the term “thumbnail”. Start designing your perfect YouTube thumbnails with Fotor.
Right out of the box, this tool provides you countless templates ready for your own modifications. Incorporate your own images, text, and icons to create something eye-catching for all your videos.
Looking for new ways to give your recent blog post the boost it needs to reach the masses? Or are you after new signups for your nifty marketing tool?
You’re in the right place! We offer multiple sponsorship opportunities to meet your needs, so just reach out and let’s get started.
The Motorbike of Cars
It’s easy to leave something on the roof of your car. Maybe you set your bag or phone up there for just a moment, but the moment lasts until you pick up speed on the highway. Goodbye, sweet belongings. 👋
Suzuki brings us an ad showing off how much fun it is to drive their cars. Double the fun of a motorbike, and you can even drive from on top of the roof. Scratch that last bit. Maybe the man on the roof of this car was simply forgotten. 😔
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1960, Benjamin Moore Paints
“If your content isn’t driving conversation, you’re doing it wrong.”