Be in the Know
- You can see Acura’s showroom virtually with their NFT release
- Paramount+ put a drone swarm in the sky to put a lit up QR code for the Halo TV series (and it freaked out Austin residents)
- You can get Lucky Charms ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery to get in the St. Patrick’s Day spirit
- 6 tips for running your LinkedIn ads
Your QA Checklist Before Launching Any Email
Quality assurance isn’t the sexiest part of marketing, but it is essential. Especially when it comes to emails where there is no Command + Z or revisions.
Luckily, Litmus exists for the rookies and the veterans alike to check their emails for goofs. They have a nifty downloadable checklist for you and your team to double and triple-check as part of your email process. Here are some things to ask yourself when it comes to your email before launch:
- What’s the point? We’ll say it once, we’ll say it a million times. You gotta start with goals. It’s not enough to shoot your shot and see what happens, especially with the cost involved.
- Did you check for spelling? Read it again. Just in case.
- Who? Who? Who? If you have your list ready, great! But you better make sure they know who the email is coming from. Make sure your sender information is correct and reputable.
- Did you check for spelling? Everyone makes typos, so get the robots like Grammarly to help out.
- Does it work? This is a loaded question, but you have to check it across multiple email carriers and displays. So while it might work on desktop Apple Mail, it might get funky on mobile Outlook. And then of course it has to load quickly.
- Does it glow in the dark? Dark mode email is becoming more and more popular and many brands are missing the mark for these design practices.
- Did you check for spelling? Litmus doesn’t list spellcheck 3 times in their list, but they should. We’re no stranger to a stray misspelling and it’s a bummer when it happens.
- Did you click it yourself? You know your QA is solid if you: Click. Every. Link. You might be surprised how many times you find a missed hyperlink.
Download the 29-item QA checklist for yourself from Litmus!
Q for You
Precision Ad Targeting from ThoughtLeaders
Making a YouTube ad strategy doesn’t have to be a shot in the dark. ThoughtLeaders matches your ads with organic videos that are the most relevant for your brand, helping the performance of your ads with more targeted audiences.
Test it for free! Provide the ad copy for your YouTube Ads, and ThoughtLeaders technology will send you a targeted list of videos watched by people that are more likely to respond to your ads.
Put your ads in front of your best possible audience. Use code TARGET to get your first month for just $30.
Sponsor the Carnage
The Daily Carnage is the newsletter for marketers, by marketers, sharing marketing stuff.
Do you have something worth sharing?
If you have a piece of content, software, tools, or tips that Carnage readers could benefit from, we want it!
We have several options for sharing sponsored content, so hit us up.
Shave If You Shall
Just some dudes being guys.
Schick is saying you can shave, go full beard, frame your face how you like. Because no one else can be you. They asked men about it: life, shaving, image, and everything else. Every guy has a different idea of when they look best and shaving (or not) helps them achieve that.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1958, Aer Lingus (Irish Airlines)