Be in the Know
- See Ariana Grande’s new beauty brand R.E.M. and its “Chapter 1” line
- Mariah Carey and McDonald’s have partnered up with the “Mariah Menu” for 12 days of free food in December
- Twitter Blue, the subscription-based Twitter service, has rolled out to the U.S.
- Curly fry martinis, anyone? Arby’s released branded vodka flavors from their fry sides
12 Paid Advertising Mistakes
Paid media can be a beast. There are so many variables for what makes or breaks a campaign. Semrush gave a list of 12 common mistakes made when it comes to paid advertising. We can’t fit them all, so we wanted to list the top 6 big fudges that we see in paid ad campaigns that aren’t doing it for clients.
- One and done ad sets: Two big variables in ads are creative and copy. If you aren’t testing out different ad sets with different words or visuals, you could be throwing money at something that isn’t working over and over again.
- Leaning too much on search engine settings: Smart campaigns and default settings are great to try, but they might not be in your campaign’s best interest. While they are easy, automatic settings aren’t always going to help your goals.
- Ignoring competitors: If you aren’t seeing what competitors are doing, how are you standing apart? See what keywords they are bidding on and if they are worth exploring your brand as well.
- Not knowing what to bid on: Now, bidding strategies are a whole world of their own. Determine your goals and then find your best bidding strategy to support them.
- Driving traffic to irrelevant (or icky) content: Listen, your ads are going to be wasted if you’re landing page is bad. And if you aren’t directing traffic to content that aligns with the intentions of a user, they’re gonna bounce.
- Not enough testing!: Unfortunately, paid ads are rarely a 100% hit. There’s going to be some misses, or some slow burns, along the way. You have to continuously test to see how you can influence ad performance.
Read Semrush’s full blog post for the rest of the goofs you could be making with your paid advertising.
Q for You
There are a lot of video platforms out there nowadays thanks to the need for more engaging virtual communication. Agora is a platform all about real-time engagement on every type of communication. They have video and voice features like embedded voice and video chat, real-time recording, and interactive whiteboards, making Agora perfect for meetings, gaming, education, entertainment, and video creation. Instead of flat monthly fees for premium experiences, they have a “Pay based on your usage” model. Check it out to see if it could work for your communications!
Get Featured in The Carnage
Interested in a Daily Carnage Sponsorship?
There are all sorts of ways we can showcase the products and services you offer. Tools, ebooks, trials, or tips are all welcome!
Reach out and let’s figure out what kind of sponsorship feature will work best for your needs.
The Good Fire
The UK housing and homelessness charity Shelter created this virtual ASMR-y log fire to warm you up this winter. It’s actually a clever way to raise funds. Viewers can watch “The Good Fire” for as long as they wish while raising advertising revenue that will be donated directly to Shelter.
Go ahead and get toasty by this crackling, warm mood of a virtual fire.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
“The ultimate inspiration is the deadline.”