Be in the Know
- Tripadvisor has a new in-house creative and content studio that uses first-party data to help marketers craft more relevant campaigns.
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade is paying you to take vacation days with an “MTO” campaign
- IKEA Norway released an ad that promotes second-hand selling with honest reasons for discarded furniture
- Barilla is giving away a month-supply of pasta ahead of October, National Pasta Month
19 Email Best Practices We Do in The Daily Carnage
We’re doing it. We’re having ourselves a little bragging moment. A few months ago, Moosend put us in its crosshairs for creating a scannable newsletter and broke down the best practices we do every day in The Daily Carnage.
19 Things Done by The Daily Carnage:
- We gave it a cool name.
- We offer accessibility options.
- We don’t forget to mention the team (Carney) behind the newsletter.
- We love us some bullets, checklists, and numbered lists.
- We use distinct colors for links.
- We organize our content with categories.
- We try to keep overviews of content concise and compelling.
- We make our buttons pop.
- We drive engagement with polls and quizzes.
- We add breaks between sections.
- We make have options for sponsors and partners.
- We use strong language and CTAs.
- We invite our audience to speak with us, too.
- We serve content relevant to our audience.
- We entertain when we can with some fun content instead of being all biz.
- We created a referral program (that cool sharing section at the bottom of the newsletter).
- We are always down to collaborate or partner up.
- We give more contact options and proper email info.
- We let our audience members manage their profiles and subscriptions.
The Daily Carnage is our labor of love to deliver you the freshest marketing content around. We don’t do it for the praise, but we will take this as a little pat on the back. Check out the full post for a visual breakdown as well!
Q for You
Moosend is an email marketing automation software with some cool tools for marketing flows and lead generation. You can send email marketing campaigns, manage your audience, and automate your tasks (the usual ESP suspects). What makes Moosend so great is the no-fuss templating you can do, as well as really customizable tracking. Plus they have several seamless CRM integrations that may just mesh perfectly with your current tech stack.
Get Featured By The Daily Carnage!
We have all sorts of ways that we can showcase the products, content, and services you offer. We can illustrate what your customers love about your products or dive into resources your brand has on hand.
Reach out and let’s figure out what kind of sponsorship feature will work best for your needs.
Domino’s UK continues its “Domin-oH-hoo-hoo” campaign series. This time, it involves a desert island of three hungry castaways. They dream of pizza toppings and cheese. Giving a little yodel, a Domino’s jet ski delivery driver comes to the rescue. So the castaways have a tropical island to themselves and pizza. That’s all the rescuing they need.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past