Be in the Know
- LinkedIn has made carousel posts a native posing option
- Here’s your step-by-step tutorial for how to set up GA4 landing page report
- June’s ad spend was the first decline in 2022 after a 15-month streak of growth
- AXE released a collaboration with rapper Lil Baby with a limited edition scent
Bonus: Take a break and check out the shortlist for the 2022 Comedy Pet Photo Awards
9 Marketing Channels + How to Use Them
We’ve all heard of marketing channels by now. We want to cover the most common channels to keep an eye on and how to use them for marketing.
Let’s start from the top with the top 9 marketing channels:
- Content Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Social Media
- Mobile Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Display Ads
- Affiliate Marketing
How to choose the best marketing channels:
Marketing channels can be used in different combinations to increase brand awareness, drive traffic, increase sales, generate leads, or other goals depending on the business model. How do you find the right combination?
- Define goals on a smaller scale. First, have your brand’s goals in mind. Then, define goals for each marketing channel you could be marketing on. That way you can fine-tune more effectively as you revisit channels.
- Understand your audience. You’ll never reach your goals if your audience isn’t using a channel in the first place. Identify at least three marketing channels that your target audience prefers to use more frequently than others. Then study the channels used by your main competitors to see if that’s where your target audience is hiding.
- Budget for long-term. Bidding on keywords and buying social ads can feel like real-time budgeting. You must think about big-picture video production, content writing, and tool investments. Check out today’s Tool for content help!
- Run a marketing campaign. Test out all of your channels with a full-fledged campaign, not just branded tidbits in each. That way you can test consistent messaging on all channels to get a better idea of performance.
- Analyze the results and repeat. Regularly test and optimize your campaigns. Repeat on channels where you see ROI, and retry on channels where you don’t see it yet.
Check out the full post by Awware to get tips for marketing on each channel.
Q for You
Need to create high-quality content fast and at scale?
When you live and breathe content marketing, copywriting is half the battle. There’s always a trade-off between quality and volume, and finding good writers can be a major headache.
Draft.co makes it easy to request content and connect with professional writers — without compromising on quality. Simply sign up, fill out your goals, submit your brief, and we’ll take care of the rest.
From blog articles to landing page copy: we’ve got you covered!
Our custom-matching process ensures you find the perfect writers for your content goals. We even include free revisions and rewrites, plagiarism checks and a money-back guarantee.
Start your trial today!
We’re available for hire!
Carney, the digital agency behind The Daily Carnage, can help you with your next project. Does your website need a facelift? Are your digital ads not delivering? We can help!
In the meantime, check out some of our work here.
Bye Bye, Booth Babes
In the words of the great Queen Beyoncé: “Pretty hurts.”
Mercedes-Benz has become the first brand to officially stop using “booth babes” for motor shows. Check out this short film from Mercedes-Benz Thailand. It explains how “Pretty” (the slang term for the pretty girls hired for car shows) will be replaced by “Presenters.” Instead of scantily clad women, Presenters can be any gender and wear professional attire to educate attendees about the cars.
Ads from the PastAds from the Past