True or False?
Top Posts of the Week
- We’re all sick of hearing about Meta (previously Facebook), but Meta released their first brand campaign and it’s cool
- Need some warm and fuzzies? Etsy came for the feels in their holiday campaign
- M&M’s announced its first-ever digital snowball fight with their white chocolate pretzel snowballs
- Mariah Carey and McDonald’s have partnered up with the “Mariah Menu” for 12 days of free food in December
What We Learned
Monday: It’s all about the little things. Your user experience can always be improved and fine-tuned, even down to a line of copy. Algolio let us know the best practices for microcopy to support your UX. What is microcopy? It can be any little text that helps a user or just makes them smile at your brand.
Tuesday: How’s your website doing? Redesigning a website is a big task to take on. How do you know when it’s time to do it? Virtual Image gave us 10 signs your website is ready for a redesign so you’re getting the most out of your website for leads and users.
Wednesday: Marketing teams come in all shapes and sizes. We broke down the core parts of a balanced marketing team. These roles can be made of in-house talent, agency partnerships, freelancers, or a combination of all three. Is your marketing team missing any roles?
SHARE IT: bit.ly/carnageteams
Thursday: Paid ads are influenced by factors like timing, budget, creative, keywords, and a lot of other tiny things. While no ad campaign is going to be 100% perfect, Semrush gave us 12 paid ad mistakes to avoid.
Join the Conversation
Ann shared, “Shout out to all those working harder than the devil to make your clients’ unreasonable expectations come true!”‘
Jacquelyn asked, “Fellow One-Person In-House Marketing Teams!!! How much content do you produce in a week? I’m reworking our content strategy and was curious as to what everyone else does.”
Michelle wrote, “Is Black Friday no longer on Black Friday? This seems to be a thing as I’m seeing a ton of emails and ads for sales happening now. I’m not being critical of it, I’m just trying to understand the logic. It seems to be all month now.”
Courtney posted, “The Meta debacle has me curious. When you’re coming up with a new brand/product name, what are the channels you use to vet the name for trademark viability, etc.?”
We asked if guys were happy you are about your current paid ad strategies.
There were a lotta “No’s.”
Carney can help with that! We are the full-service, digital agency behind the Daily Carnage. We live and breathe digital marketing, design, and ad campaigns.
Let us nail down your next paid media strategy with you!
Pumpkin Butter Dark and Stormy
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin butter
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 ½ ounces spiced rum
- 1-inch wide strips of orange peel, no pith
- spicy ginger beer
- In a small glass combine the pumpkin butter, orange juice and rum.
- Stir to combine and set aside.
- Rub the orange peel around the rim of a high ball glass filled with ice.
- Add the peel to the glass then pour the pumpkin butter mixture over the top.
- Add ginger beer to fill the glass and stir.
- Cheers 🎃
Recipe by This Mess is Ours
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
True or False: Macy’s was the first department store to hold a Thanksgiving parade.
Macy’s has been in the parade game for years but that department store that did it first was Gimbels in the 1920’s.