Do ya Know?
Top Posts of the Week
- Old Spice infiltrated this Arby’s ad in a collaboration for “meat sweats”
- REMINDER: Universal Analytics is sunsetting next year exactly so here are some FAQs on GA4
- A lesson in PR: Daily Harvest had a major food recall that it handled poorly
- “Please stop using girlboss thanks” –– The #Girlboss era is over
What We Learned
Monday: Where are CMOs putting their money, time, and focus? Data and diversity are at the top of the list as marketers managing budgets navigate The Great Resignation, privacy concerns, and keeping it authentic. See how marketers are spending their money in 2022 in this Forbes article.
Tuesday: What do you meme? Memes for marketing can be great for relating to your audience or just making light-hearted content. Shane Baker put together tips on meme-jacking and examples from the big brands.
Wednesday: How do you leverage the power of video to grow your marketing and obtain more customers?Vidico recently conducted a video marketing survey of more than 200 video and digital marketing minds. In this State of Video Marketing 2022 report, they shared why, when, where, and how they use video marketing to fuel their company’s growth.
Thursday: QR codes saw a huge rise thanks to the pandemic. And yet, some marketers are still using them incorrectly. Either they are being used in a way that doesn’t make sense, or they aren’t user friendly enough. The Trade Desk put together the dos and don’ts of QR code marketing to help people out.
Join the Conversation
Kaytee wrote, “Y’all… are we gonna talk about RadioShack on Twitter?”
A Member asked, “My agency is still very small, and we aren’t able to offer health benefits yet. What other benefits/perks could we offer that you’d value as an employee?”
Al shared, “Bye bye pride 👋🏼 see ya next year”
Rachel posted, “In your option, what makes a great restaurant website? Yes, I am aware there are many variables that go into this, but I’m just looking for your first few thoughts when hearing this question.”
- 3 oz Strawberry Peach juice
- 1 1/2 oz bourbon
- 1/2 oz lime juice
- Ginger beer
- Raspberries and blueberries for garnish
- Combine all ingredients except for the ginger beer in a mixing glass.
- Mix it up with some ice.
- Pour into an ice-filled glass.
- Top with a splash of ginger beer.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and blueberries.
Recipe by Tropicana
Ads from the PastAds from the Past
1977, Swift Premium Franks
Hope everyone has a great weekend full of glizzys, sunshine, and sparklers!
The Carney team will be off on the 4th of July to do the same.
We will be back with The Daily Carnage on Tuesday, July 5th!
How long have QR codes been around?
d. 20+ years
QR codes were born in Japan in 1994.